Friday, December 01, 2006

POLAR EXPRESSION

I was feeling kind of down tonight. It's a combination of the overwhelmification of the next few weeks which will find me falling all over myself, having procrastinated to the point of no return. Ok, so that sentence made no sense whatsoever. Combination of that and still feeling like crap, which I think I promised not to mention. And the end of the warm temperatures of late which I have been enjoying immensely. Possibility of snow tomorrow. And the realization that my Christmas spending budget is less than half of what it was last year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all into giving extravagant gifts just for the sake of giving. I'm not shallow like that. What's bugging me is that I like to have "extras" that make the holidays more special. Like a few extra bottles of wine in the cellar for entertaining. Like the more expensive wired ribbon for gift wrapping which is a passion of mine. Like truffles and homemade Chinese walnuts instead of Hershey's kisses and Planter's peanuts. Not that there's anything wrong with Hershey's or Planters. I just like extra-special for the Christmas Holiday. I'll just cut corners a little closer this year, is all.

So, you ask, what did I do? Dig in and cross off ten items on my TO DO List? Hell, no. I sat my ass down and watched about an hour of The Polar Express. And it made me smile and forget aboot that whole first paragraph. I still feel aboot it the way I did last year when I posted after having watched it. Check that out here and I won't have to write it all again. :-)

************************************************

4 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SIMON: What did I ever do without you in my life? You always, always lift me up. And it's a little scary how well you know me...

9:45 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Luckily, Chirstmas will still be Christmas even without "homemade Chinese walnuts." It does suck to make the cuts for a reduced budget. We Grens have been cutting quite a few corners of late. Thank goodness for cheap hobbies...like blogging

PS - How does one make walnuts at home?

3:32 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MG: Hehe. I guess I should have specified: Chinese FRIED walnuts.
You fry the walnuts which you buy at a store or steal off a tree. Then you roll them in sugar, thereby creating a sweet glaze on said walnuts. They are yummy, and not exactly expensive but definitely an additional expense.

3:46 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched The Polar Express last night (JoJo never saw) and it was just as good as always. Maddie even stayed up late and watched in my lap (although she had no choice...Mr. JuJu had to turn the volume WAY up to appreciate the train sounds).

3:03 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home