Sunday, December 03, 2006

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY*

*or How to Not Get into the Christmas Spirit...

Eye've ben lessenin' tu piearates onna cd taday seengin' ther bloody chants 'n ballads and chanteys awl murnin'. En nowh eyem fyenden misself tawken lyke the bloody whoren' en swiggen' pigs thee ayre. Tha langwege thayre uzin' is lyke sumpthin' me virgin eers have naught heerd en me lyfe. Blimey. But bloody hell, if eyem naught enjoyen' the damthin'. Eyem cleenin' me hoose an lessinin' tu tha lykes a' Sting an' Bono an' Nick Cave an' Bryan Ferry an' Jolie Holland an' Lou Reed, ta nayme a few. Tha eff wurd is flyen' arownd me hoose lyke thars moore brawlin' gowen awn heer then holiday prep'ration. En partickular, a song bye Nick Cave, tha name o' Fyre Down B'low. Holy Muthera Gawd. Some-un needs ta wash that boy's filthy craw out with sum lye soap.

So, yeah, I started out today determined to get myself a piece of the Ol' Christmas Spirit. Somewhere things took a zany turn and I ended up listening to Rogue's Gallery. Very interestin' piece o' work, I must say. Not something you wanna slam in the cd player with the kiddies runnin' around, but for putting up the tree? Hell yeah.

If you don't know aboot this cd, it was produced by Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski. The two conspired during the filming of Pirates of the Carribean. The actual story of how the project got off the ground is quite interesting. You'll have to read the book (that comes with the cd.) As I am a bit worn out from all the swashbuckling and grog-swigging I've been indulging in all day, this is aboot as much of a review as yer gonna git from me tonight, Matey. ;-) I liked it. Period.

So I guess I'll get in the Spirit another day. (If you had trouble reading that first paragraph, I suggest reading it out loud. That's what me and my bloody friends do...)

*************************************************

7 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SI: Are you serious? I hope you're not just saying that cause that would be a tremendous compliment! But I forgot to say "A-r-r-r-gh!"
Do I need to check out Boney M?

6:22 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

A H-arrrgh-dy second on the dialogue, Linda...truly outstanding.

I may have to check out that cd. It's pirates (a bit fav in our house) as sung by many of our favorite artists (couldn't help but notice many of the folks I recommended to you...how odd).

Sing up, me hardy, yo ho!

10:46 AM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. The lady and I cleaned house whilst jamming to Barenaked for the Holidays, a real holiday gem from Barenaked Ladies, not to mention other selections.

BTW, Nick Cave is credited with the soundtrack to a movie I watched alone this weekend (after my night out with Alvis). It's called The Proposition starring Guy Pearce, and it's a western set in the 1880's Australian outback.

word verification - "jiargy" - Wow, you even set word veri. to fit the pirate theme.

11:05 AM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Oh, yeah, Nick Cave wrote the screenplay, too, and it's a good flick.

11:07 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

A Nick Cave soundtrack and screenplay, a recommendation from Mark and a 90% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes...Me thinks I'll be watching The Proposition soon

12:11 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SI: Thanks a lot, mate. I will surely give Boney M a lissen.

MG: Not odd, it's called synchronicity and we all here have been brought together for a reason. Weird as you might think that might be, I believe it heart and soul.

MARK: I thought I owned all the BNL cd's I must be missing one!
The word verification... Dude, you have no idea and cannot, most likely, comprehend the extent of my talents ;-) Am I good or what?

4:57 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all the time I've known you I didn't know you spoke pirate so fluently!! :0 Nat

7:14 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home