Saturday, November 18, 2006

BLUEBERRY HILL

Hey. It's Saturday night. PD is watching Daniel Boone and I'm attempting to decide if a shot and a half-or-so of Jim Beam in a bottle of Dark Chocolate Mocha Godiva Belgian Blend is any good. Seems to be. ;-)

I hit Backstreet today to satisfy a music jones. I would link to them here but I seriously doubt if they have a site. I'll check and if they do, I will or if they don't, I won't. (Don't bother clicking the link, waste of time.) I bought 8 cds, two are gifts and besides those, I picked up some Golden Smog, Morrissey, Neil Young Unplugged and 3 compilations.

Tonight I am developing a keen thrill for Another Fine Day by Golden Smog. You heard of them? That cd is going to have to find it's way onto the iPod. One song in particular, Corvette is great for cranking up and just getting lost in.

My best thing today was running into an old and dear, sweet friend, Natalie. I wish I had a picture so you could see how fantastic she looks. We haven't seen each other in (Oh My) an embarrassingly long time. Several years ago we worked together. Nat is one of those people you meet and instantly become a fan. You start a friendship, fall in love and then, no matter what happens, you're bound for life. Natalie was kind of a "partmer in crime"... we seemed to bring out the mischief in one another. A day never went by that we didn't have at least one great laugh- the kind that makes you cry and makes your face numb and your stomach muscles hurt. We shared the exact same sense of humor and had some of the longest, hardest, most satisfying laughs that I can remember. She no longer works with me. She's gotten married to a wonderful guy and is now Mom to two adorable little boys. I'm so glad to have seen her. I've invited her to come and read JuJu and here, so maybe you'll get to "meet" her. She's nuts... In the absolute BEST sense of the word. ;-) She'll fit right in here, huh?

I decided the Beam/Mocha thing is A-OK and Golden Smog is my other new lovah... :-Þ

************************************

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is kind of embarrassing ain't it?! Something in me last night after I saw you made me just want to find a "blue cardigan sweater"-I hope you remember that-it was one of my fondest memories! By the way thanks for building me up-I have a lot of work to do so that I don't let people down when I "meet" them!

:0 Nat

6:33 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

NATALIE: HI! What's embarrassing? Of course I remember the blue cardigan? It's in my Hall of Fame of Funny Stuff! You really do look great, don't worry about that. We'll have to hook you up with a Blogger account and a picture :-) Or you can mail me one and I'll post it ;-) Love Ya!

8:57 PM EST  
Blogger Um Naief said...

Isn't it nice to run into old friends? I used to work w/ a girl named Natalie. Loved her. Gosh, it's been a long time since seeing her.

4:36 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Liking Golden Smog...I didn't know they were a Tweedy side project. Excellent recommendation

10:21 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MG: I listened to them all day and am in love! Also found out today that, aside from Mr. Tweedy, Chris Mars was in the original band. He played with the Replacements, my favorite Band of All Time! That's all I need to know! Glad you like them. You'll find that I have very good taste in music ;-)

9:08 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home