Monday, December 04, 2006

MY DAY

Today was an absolutely perfect day, take away the cold wind. And the fact that I had to get up at 5:30 and didn't get up until 5:45 and ended up having to rush around. And that my hair looked like shit. And that I had to spend it at work. Other than those little details, good day.

Came home from work and read some excellent blogs (my usuals, which are the best OTW*).

PD had ordered me a cd from Amazon or eBay, I forget which. I think he ordered it Friday and it came today, quick! What an amazing, kick-ass awesome cd! It's RoBert BradlEy's BlAckwater SuRprise (band) New Ground (cd). You seriously have to buy, download, steal, whatever it is you do to hear this cd. I am fighting the urge to use the eff word to convince you how good this cd is! Before I finish here, I'll check YouTube and see if I can find some of their music for you.
I heard the song Train on Friday morning and was so taken with it I came home and checked out the band and liked what I heard. There's even a song on the cd called Lindy. Which means nothing to you, I know, unless you know my real name ;-) Which is "Delilah." ;-)

Anyway, there was so much positive energy and laughter in my life today. I love days like this. Aside from all that crap up there, of course. But those things are the little price tags attached to the big, good things, huh? You know it.

Sorry, couldn't find much good on YT. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

*On the Web

****************************************************

8 Comments:

Blogger Editor said...

I enjoyed your blog, and your day to day happenings were written cleverly and not boring as you seem to think.

7:32 PM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Excellent band. I have thier first album from a while back, but I'll admit that i kinda forgot about them. Not sure why..I played the heck out of that cd when I first got it. I'll dig it out and give it another listen tommorow.

Happy to hear your day went well despite the superficial stuff.

Word Verification - "sdied" - alas poor S...we hardly knew ye.

11:42 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Haven't heard it, but wouldn't mind a sample. I'll check out the Interweb to see if there's anything I can feast my ears on.

Speaking of which, I'm offering a free Christmas song each day until December 25, over on my blog. Enjoy.

"byafapl" - Buy a Fapple (whatever the heck that is)

12:32 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

ED: Thanks, though I have no idea who you might be... or why I might tell you I think I'm boring...

MG: You know it! WV- I guess R and T will have to take up the slack now.

MARK: What a nice idea! I'm partial to Greensleeves if you're taking requests... WV: A Fapple is an SUV that requires no oil to operate. ;-)

SI: What, you're not first here? Dude! Get with the program ;-) I wrote myself a note...

6:23 AM EST  
Blogger 2complx said...

You day sounds super awesome like mine. loved the music right up my ally.

10:32 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

TC: Had you heard them before? I listened to the cd ALL day and it's going on my list of Top 100 CDs of All Time. :-)

9:16 PM EST  
Blogger 2complx said...

Never heard of the but definitely will check them out.

11:27 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

TC: Definitely do. There's a song on New Ground called "See Her" that, after I found out that Bradley is blind, was given a whole new perspective and appreciation. I need to do some more research on the band. Things like that bit of information sometimes enhance the whole listening experience...

10:14 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home