Saturday, October 21, 2006


IF YOU'RE THINKING...

of stalking me, don't read this post. I'm serious.

Ah, never mind. I won't say where I live but on this most beautiful of all Fall days, I will say that I am glad to live in _______ern Pennsylvania. It is so absolutely gorgeous here today. The trees, I believe are at their peak of color and even though it isn't terribly sunny today, there is so much gold and yellow that sunglasses are necessary. A friend and her husband drove to Winchester, Virginia today to enjoy the scenery along Skyline Drive. They picked the most perfectest weekend of all to go. I told my friend to be sure and sample the Jonathan Apples which are abundant there this time of year. She'd never had one and is surely in for a treat. The best apples ever.

I would have rather stayed home in bed this morning but had an eye appointment to keep. PD went along and we had a nice lunch together. During our conversation we were trying to make light of how miserable we both feel and counting the hours left until we were due for our cough medicine, antibiotics, Tylenol, etc. I said to him "If you found out today that you were going to feel just like this for the rest of your life, would you off yourself?" I was joking and thought he would answer that way but he got all serious on me and said "No." I asked then, "So what would you do?" I expected a serious answer. He said he would buy aboot 5 cases of beer and talk the dr. into a script for Percoset (sp?) or something and just party for awhile... I thought the after effects of that might not make it worth the initial relief... Anyway after lunch we went music shopping for a bit. My record store was holding Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys for me. I can't wait to listen to it. Will let you know how it is. Check out some of the artists appearing on the 2-disc set and read the review. I also bought The Cure- The Top (their newest) and asked Dave (the music guy) to hold the 4-disc set, Join the Dots: B-sides and Rarities (The Cure 1978-2001) for me. My Christmas present to me. ;-)

Going to go take a big old swig of Robitussin and crash for a bit. Zonkers.

***************************************************

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are feeling better soon...

CAUSE WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE DAMN GERMS HERE WHEN THE BABY COMES.

Our 3.0 is going to have the most awesome immune system!

See? You can always find a good in the bad!

6:26 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

JU: If that's the good that comes out of this, it will have been worth it. And only then ;-)

11:14 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope y'all are feeling better soon.

1:23 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

HAZEL: Doesn't seem like it might happen real soon, but thanks, just the same :-)

2:37 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home