Sunday, October 22, 2006

LIFE'S LITTLE PLEASURES

There are quite a few. Some I'd like to share with y'all:

  • The same number of socks come out of the dryer as went into the washer.
  • The millisecond reflex that you saves you from biting your cheek.
  • Realizing that your choice to "let the machine get it" was the right one...
  • Getting clear to the punchline without screwing up the joke.
  • When that dreaded decision you've been putting off making takes care of itself.
  • Finding a $20 bill in your coat pocket.
  • Having the right change for the parking meter.
  • Finding that the cd case you just dropped in the driveway didn't break.
  • Fighting off a sneeze that would have otherwise occurred at a most inopportune moment.
  • A good hair day. Rare and Wonderful... especially this time of year.
  • Dropping the butter lid and having it land right-side-up.
  • Getting a real hand-written letter in the real mail.
  • Waking up and realizing you have an hour more sleep time until the alarm goes off.

What little things bring you joy? Some days we just need to concentrate a little harder on them.

******************************************************

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Great list, especially the one about the handwritten letter.

Just last week, I dropped a CD, and the case broke. I've never had it happen otherwise, so I would be ecstatic the first time.

I don't seem to have the reflex that prevents biting the cheek. Or the tongue. I get some nasty bites in my ravenous chewing.

11:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding one more Oreo in a package you thought was empty.
Finding something you have in common with a new friend.
Holding hands.
Being told your test results are negative.

10:12 AM EDT  
Blogger ... said...

Nice list...might have to think on that one.

10:56 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MARK: Seriously can't believe you've only broken 1 cd case...
Biting cheeks and tongue sucks.
JEFF: Really good additions. I, sadly, can't remember the last time I held hands with PD. I need to remedy that.
MISHKA: LMK...
SI: I like to sneeze too, but the conditions have to be right. I like hiccups more.
Good save on the key thing!

5:03 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home