Saturday, August 05, 2006

BUD/BLOSSOM
All in all, despite the fact that PD's appointment was a "dis"appointment, yesterday was a good day. We got to spend the entire day together and that happens so rarely anymore. And even when he's in a fair degree of pain, he's a pretty fun date. He let me blast "Yaz" in the car, both ways (to and from) and only reminded me of the speed limit, oh... four or five times.

They gave him a hearing test and his hearing hasn't noticeably deteriorated. It was determined however, that he's developed a "leak" in his inner ear. The doc agreed to let him wait out another weather change or two to see if it heals on its own. If not, he's scheduled for some "new" tests in early October. So that was that...

In the mean time, I think I mentioned I'm missing Martha's Vineyard something fierce. There is just something aboot that place that I keep wanting to go back to. It's magical or something. When I miss it really bad, I'll go back through my pictures and remember. I'll recall a conversation, a face, a sound, the sheer freedom I felt there. It was just pure, relaxed bliss. Did what I wanted when I felt like it. Yeah, I realize I could have done that anywhere on vacation, but the Vineyard is just so interesting. The sights, the people I met, the food. It just doesn't seem fair to have to "pay the piper" for like, 350 days out of the year for those couple weeks of freedom. I don't know, I'm cranky I guess. Sorry for that. I just need a change. I bought myself a card a couple weeks ago, a plain red card that was blank on the inside. The sentiment on the front says "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~ Anais Nin " I keep running over and over that in my head. I want so badly to make that day be today...
So I took Poopy out for the best Chinese food we've had in ages at the Hong Kong Super Buffet. I know, it sounds ridiculously tacky but the food was fantastic and the decor was beautiful. I asked a woman if the buffet was "all you can eat." Her English was not so good, she kept pointing to the plates. Evidently the Chinese word for "plate" as near as I could figure, sounded something like "All-ewe" as in "all-ewe-can-eat." Well, needless to say, I ate way more than my share. Three plates PLUS a dessert plate. Then we went to a video store and spent like 2 hours. I bought a crapload of VHS tapes (Poopy hates when I do that... he's a DVD snob.) Hey, they were 5 for $10. I bought 10. I even found a copy of Cutter's Way, a really old movie that I loved that I've been searching for for years.
So that was my Friday. Now it's Saturday and grass mowing, laundry, and a shopping trip for a new camera await me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Annoying...
560. Engaging in an activity which used to bring you great pleasure but now feels foreign and lost forever.
(I hate when that happens, don't you? Makes me afraid to watch Cutter's Way. Maybe it sucks now...)

3 Comments:

Blogger 2complx said...

Yeah "the Piper" or "The Man" sucks. I miss New Orleans.

2:43 PM EDT  
Blogger FĂ«anor said...

Nice quote... it took me a little bit to get it, but I felt like that every day for an entire year last year... at least I did if I've got the quote right... if I didn't... then I'm back where I started, scratching my head.

9:26 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Hey, TC: Nice to see u around...
F'nor: Translation briefly- Sometimes it feels safer (or easier) not to make the effort to be all that you can be. After a time, you hunger for the end result and must make a choice. I know you understand...

2:53 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home