Sunday, August 13, 2006

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY

Paying homage to U2 ;-)

Woke up at 7:45 this morning feeling wonderfully rested and with a smile on my face. Go figure!
Made meself a nice hot cup of coffee and headed in the direction of my beloved porch and happened to notice the temperature, which read 49 degrees. WTF! Promptly turned on my heel, (without spilling a drop, mind you...) and headed in the opposite direction. Bum-MER.
So now it's 10:30 and it's great out there. Had my cuppa and caught up on some correspondence; letter writing, cards and such. So I at least feel like I accomplished something. The thought of mowing occurred to me but I hate to disturb the wonderful, Sunday morning peace in the 'hood.
Poop felt lousy last night so we didn't go to the festival. He went to bed and I "enjoyed" the fireworks from the back porch. A nice, relaxing evening but rather lonely. Normally I can amuse myself. I watched some Mitch Hedberg for awhile and when I realized I wasn't ROFLMAO, it disturbed me and I quit. Can't possibly be "over" Mitch, must just have not been in the mood to think. Mitch was definitely a "thinking man's" comic. I was definitely in the mood to laugh, though so I came on here and blog surfed for comedy. At one point I looked at the clock and realized I'd missed SNL. Boo, hiss, Linda.
A question to ponder: Why do some cultures value aging and others despise it? A quote I came across... "Americans began by loving youth, and now, out of adult self-pity, they worship it." - Jacques Barzun. I'm not sure who this guy is but I'm guessing not American. I wonder if other cultures share this same view of us... I think we do worship it, especially the media. And I myself, lately, have had a strong yearning to be "back there." At the grocery store yesterday I watched a couple, probably in their eighties, get out of their vehicle and slowly walk into the store. I remember thinking, I don't ever want to be like them. And now I'm thinking, I hope I get that far... I see that I have a lot of homework to do to get my head in a different place.
**********************************************************
295. DJs who, as a song ends, thoughtfully repeat it's most cliche'd line as if it's profound.

1 Comments:

Blogger FĂ«anor said...

Mitch Hedberg a thinking man's comic? I thought he was just stoned all the time or something. That guy's crazy!

11:30 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home