Friday, April 21, 2006

THINGS
Items of interest and varying degrees of value (sentimental and otherwise) that I have accumulated during the course of my life:
(In other words, Cool shit I kept)
  1. An autographed copy of Paul Westerberg's 14 Songs (Picture book with scribbled notes throughout and cd included)
  2. A friend who takes real and interesting vacations brings me back small rocks from places he knows I would like. Favorite one to date is from beside a Tobasco factory in New Orleans, procured less than a month before Katrina did her "thing".
  3. A stack of promotional little pamphlets that a local radio station put out in 1976. Each lists the top 25 records of that week and lyrics to the #1 song. I have 42 of them.
  4. Every post card I ever received since I can remember.
  5. My skate key.
  6. My Brownie pin.
  7. Rosary beads from my First Communion (second grade), a set that belonged to my Grandfather and one from my Grandmother.
  8. My first-ever purchased "phonograph album" by The Monkees. *red face*
  9. The aluminum comb that my Dad carried everywhere he went.
  10. A lock of my hair that my Mom saved for me from my first real haircut (around 4-5). It's a beautiful, blonde, silky, shiny curl aboot 8" long with gold in it.
  11. An autograph book from the 6th grade.
  12. Concert ticket stub from U2 (and every other concert I ever saw, pretty much.)
  13. A Schlitz beer can (circa 1973). A souvenir from a night of partying with The Urban Cowboy Band on Mickey Gilley's tour bus. And Dwight, the bass player's autograph.
  14. A brass locket I found when I was 12 which holds two strands of hair covered by glass. I understand that long ago, a woman would wear a locket or pin filled with a lock of her own hair and that of her lover's.
  15. An emerald ring that my Dad found once in his "metal detector" phase.
  16. A Christmas postcard that my Grandmother sent a family member in the 1920's. She died before I was born (my Dad was aboot 4 years old when she did). It's the only thing I have to know her by besides 1 photograph so it is very precious to me.
  17. A picture of Franco Harris holding my son Michael at aboot 1 year old.
  18. My first grade "Good Citizenship Award" ribbon.
  19. Most of my Uncle's (Dad's brother) journals.
  20. Assorted artwork and stories from my kid's school years.
  21. And my grandson's.
  22. Guitar pick from Ed Roland of Collective Soul.
  23. Paper doll collection from early 1900's (circa 1940-50) including characters from Gone With the Wind, Shirley Temple, Dionne Quintuplets.
  24. Poopy's ponytail from early dating, it's aboot 11 inches long. Was way cool attached!
  25. A four leaf clover given to me by my crazy neighbor Harold.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If I went to the attic or started digging in my hope chest or in my studio, I would have a list a mile long. I'm weird with "things". Much to Poopy's dismay...

Work was very interesting last night. So much information to absorb! I'm getting pretty good with a microscope, but it was awkward and frustrating at first. Felt like I was using someone else's hands and eyes. I'm having fun though. But OH the paperwork. I hate numbers (too black and white and absolute for me.) Pages of numbers have to be recorded and entered into the computer. 8-( But I think I'll like the job in the long run.

Really missing my music at work. Have to make up for it on the way to and from. Crank tunes last night and today were:

TO: Prophecy- Remy Zero, Send me an Angel- Scorpions, and Sundown- Elwood

FROM: Milk- Kings of Leon, Evil- Interpol, and Car Radio (long version)- Spoon

I may post later. If I don't, have yourself a Great Friday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am NOT a pack rat. It IS necessary to keep the boxes for everything I bought, even if I don't have the item anymore!

I hated working with microscopes. They show you how dirty your hands are even after you wash them!

8:34 AM EDT  
Blogger Jaco said...

I have an autograph of Jaco Pastorius... Some other stuff to. But I can't remember

10:14 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did I...

where are our minds?

6:42 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home