Tuesday, April 18, 2006

GIMME NOISE

I am on my way home from work every am from aboot 6:10 to 6:35, give or take. I believe it is considerate, at that time of the morning, not to blast one's car stereo, lest one wake the sleeping. However, one may feel a certain victory needing celebration after having completed a night of work. When I celebrate, there is always MUSIC involved. Luckily on my way home, there is a 3-4 mile stretch of road where there are no homes to disturb. Usually I take advantage of that by tuning to my favorite song on whatever cd I'm listening to at the time. This morning's candidate was Morphine's Cure for Pain. If you are not familiar with Morphine, they were kind of a cult band from aboot 1990 to 1999. The band was headed by vocalist and bassist Mark Sandman. They relied heavily on Mark's (two string? correct me if there is no such thing...) bass, drums and saxophone. No guitars. Novel idea, huh? IMHO, they were a killer band. Sadly, Mark suffered a heart attack onstage in 1999 and died. The group disbanded. I didn't discover them until after the fact. But Cure for Pain is one of my favorites. (cd and song).
Addendum to yesterday's post: New Brad corrected me, the discussion of Dyslexic Heart we had supposedly took place in 2004. I'll have to check, Brad, I don't think I had Internet access then... And thanks to Simon for probly scaring away New Brad with his comment yesterday.
Brat :-Þ
(I typed this post once and lost it and this is a re-try. Number 1 was way better...) Dammit.

5 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Oh my goodness at puke flavored jelly beans....

My favorite loud song is Remedy by Seether. That is my typical leaving work, had a crappy day music. Though every time I hear the song China Grove, I have to laugh because it strikes memory of my dad picking me up from my first ever job and that song being on the radio and we drove 5 miles out of the way just to drive around with the song blasting our eardrums. :)

4:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a few posts late but...

I'm still here, still a Paul and 'Mats ally, and happy to welcome a new one! ;)

6:33 PM EDT  
Blogger JoJo said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a doobie brothers fan, the topic just brought up a memory, that always makes me laugh, its one of those things that I hear the song and think of that night. Then I call my dad and we laugh.

7:57 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Knock off rippin' on the Doobs! They are not, by far, my favorite band, but they had some good shit in their day! And the name alone, classy! ;-)

8:17 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

OH, and how could I forget Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellies!!! (my second favorite). I just can't understand how they got that flavor in there...

8:18 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home