Thursday, April 13, 2006

SHIFTLESS WHEN IDLE (Part Deux)

When you're sick, no one really expects much of you. So when you're starting to feel better but there is still that little window of time before people start putting demands on you, you better take full advantage of it. That was my day today ;-) Shhhh, don't tell. My head sure needed a day like today. I did little chores, made some appointments, chatted online, enjoyed some sunshine, napped a couple of times, ate aboot four meals, just did whatever I felt like. I could get used to this. And I do feel better, thank you.
I was talking aboot relationships earlier. I always try to leave a relationship (if it becomes necessary for whatever reason) in an amicable way. Mostly because it makes for good karma and, although my mother will argue this point, I do not like to hold grudges. Too much negative energy to carry around. Also my pea brain, when recalling memories seems only able after a point, to recall the good memories. And I figure if I can't remember the bad, the bad must not have been so bad afterall. But that brings me to another point. Blocking out. A family trait which I would like to put up now for sale to the highest bidder. I no longer wish to subscribe to this method of coping with life as I see it serves no purpose and only causes more problems in the long run to the practitioner. You see, I was brought up in a family that didn't talk aboot the problems. I guess the rationale there was that if you ignore the problem, it will go away. I tried very hard not to pass any of this insanity on to my own kids but I'm afraid that, if I am just now learning the long range effects of this felonius way of living, I may have failed in that endeavor. When you spend the first twenty years of your life learning a behavior, it takes a certain amount of time to realize that behavior is erroneous. Then the time to unlearn the behavior and replace it with a healthier behavior. Only, it's taken me a very long time to completely recognize that it can take awhile before you really have to face up to all the things you've pushed out of your line of vision.
I'm rambling now and getting tense too. Break time. See you tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, I was running out of funny thigs to say about it. Maybe we can get back to that iPod thing now!

Is coping really such a bad thing sometimes?

1:02 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thank You Jeff. Can't imagine YOU of all people running out of funny things to say aboot anything. No we cannot get back to the iPod thing now.

Coping? What is that? Is that like an mP3 player?

3:22 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home