Saturday, April 22, 2006

HIGH TIME

Today so far has been an excellent day. It's been raining all day but the day's other aspects have been all so good that the rain is just cancelled out.
Started out by sleeping in. Didn't intend to but must have needed it. Poopy wanted to go shawpin' for a new highchair for BabyJuJu. So I called me Mum to see if she wanted to tag along and she did, so we picked her up.
Got to the mall. Had been debating all through the drive there whether or not to get another hole poked in my ear. By the time we arrived, I had made up my mind to do it. For a really long time I had thought aboot getting my ear pierced up toward the top of my ear. Now with my hair so short it can actually be seen. Plus I want to look hot when I go on vacation in June. Stop laughing. All of you!
So we looked at highchairs (none good enough), I sat for my initiation into the 4 Hole Club,(which by the way, hurt like hell for about 4 seconds) and then headed for the music store. In there, Poop and I went our seperate ways. I was trying to look at some Wilco and a guy who was sort of in my way but not, thought he was. He half-looked at me and smiled and very politely excused himself. I half-looked at him, thanked him and proceeded to look at cds. When I found what I was looking for and started toward where I saw Poopy, I noticed the above guy kind of looking at me but trying not to be too obvious. We recognized each other at the same second. He threw open his arms and I literally dove into them. We made a little scene and I was aware of everyone in the immediate area looking at us curiously.
When I was in art school, I made some really great friends, all of which were aboot 10-15 years younger than I was at the time. (oh yeah, they always will be that much younger, I get it.) Imagine me at 32 having classes all day with brand new high-school graduates. There was never a problem. We ended up like family almost. Moi, of course being the mother figure. But only sort of. We did crazy stuff together, had parties at each other's houses. I amost got my first mosh pit experience with these kids but for some reason had to cancel at the last minute. Sad to say I've only really kept in touch with a couple of those people. And there was one particular guy that I've always wanted to see again and Totally lost contact with. Until today.
I'm not sure how he would feel aboot being named here so I will just refer to him as John. A very benign-sounding name for the craziest, wildest person I ever met. I will talk more aboot him in future posts. We are going to get together and try to fill in some blanks. I've invited him here, I hope he will stop in and say hi. Definitely one of my favorite people of all time. I was way, way happy to run into him after all these years.
An old friend from my high school called me a couple days ago and we are meeting for drinks in a couple hours. I am looking forward to it and need to go get ready. Will leave you with a trivia question to keep you busy while I'm away.
Which of the following pop singers does not hail from Canada?
a) Celine Dion
b) k.d. lang
c) Natalie Imbruglia
d) Sarah McLachlan
(This one is too easy, I know.)

3 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ooh-chi-wowa, gang. Look out, we got a winner! You are so on your toes, Brad. Aren't you supposed to be studying?

7:53 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND you went for DRINKS? Seriously...NOT COOL.

5:27 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

5:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home