Wednesday, April 26, 2006

BIRTHDAY GAL (II)
This post is a part 2 because I already used this title for another birthday. It really should read "1" because my sweet granddaughter BabyJuJu is one year old today. Gawd, it seems like she was born aboot three months ago. She's Nana's little dancin' partner and there is not much these days that I enjoy as much as boppin' around the living room with her. She totally gets into it. And certain songs that she really likes, she makes it known. Her brother Little JuJu is a die-hard, died-in-the-wool third generation U2 fan, but I think her tastes are more varied. She likes Cajun music and last time we danced she loved Rod Stewart's version of Oooh La La and Forever Young. Next time she comes I have some new tunes to introduce her to. I think she will like T'Pau's Heart and Soul. We will see. I'm going to call and and sing Happy Birthday to her while she pushes the buttons on the phone and beeps my ear off. :-)
Seems no one answered the question asking which band's albums... alphabetical order?
from the other day. The answer is Blink 182. The following is Creed's explanation:
... the cover art of Flyswatter features the letter "A", the first letters of the albums Buddha, Cheshire Cat, Dude Ranch and Enema of the State are in alphabetical order, the drum kit on the cover art of The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show: The Enema Strikes Back features an "F" on the bass drum (the Famous Stars and Straps logo), the jacket pocket of the green version of Take off Your Pants Thomas says: and Jacket shows the letter "G", and finally, on the (Untitled) there is a hidden letter "H". The band continued this format on the Greatest Hits compilation with the letter "I" in the word blink). Mark Hoppus has stated that the albums beginning with "A" through "F" were merely a coincidence, but that the band intentionally added the "G" on the TOYPAJ CD.
Thanks, Creed.
I decided to venture outside the music category for todays question. "Purple in the morning, blue in the afternoon, orange in the evening." What movie is this line of dialogue from? Would you like multiple choice? Okay.
a) Vanilla Sky
b) Almost Famous
c) Requiem for a Dream
d) Minority Report
Today and last night's T&F Tunes (music to and from work in the Blasting Zones)
To: Word Up - Cameo (one of my all- time favorite dance tunes)
Night in my Veins - The Pretenders
Fro: Cartwheels - The Reindeer Section
Lies - Arcade Fire

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..Just like that. One, two, three."

It's from Requiem for a Dream.

I must admit, I was stumped with the '..alphabetical order' question, as was your son, we've been talking about it here and there for a few days. Good question. :)

And, I do believe that this is my first post in this blog of yours. /waves :)

9:19 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

You're right Adrienne, and I'm thrilled you've spoken up! Welcome to our little circle <3

12:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home