Thursday, April 06, 2006

ANDROGYNOUS

Does the lack of feminity displayed by women these days bother anyone besides me? Maybe it's more prevalent here in "these parts," but I think it's kind of widespread in general. Not so much in the cities probly?
I went through a sort of "Samson and Delilah" thing when I got my locks chopped off; (wow, JuJu, that was a year ago next month!) not so much concerned aboot losing my strength, of course... but felt like I was losing some of my feminity. I'm one to hold on to my womanliness until it becomes unavoidable or something else. Not like I'm all voluptuous, so I gotta work with what I got. But I really think we ladies should work a little harder at it. Lose the sweats and sneakers, at least.
As much money and time as women spend on haircuts and make-up and fake nails and other assorted body parts, I'd think you would see way more girlie-girls and womany-women day to day. I just can't handle manly- looking women. And I don't mean that cruelly. I realize there are such things as hormone issues and the like. And women who choose to appear that way as a result of their sexual persuasion. I guess I'm addressing the women who just don't care or want to take the time to enjoy their feminity. Maybe it's just me, but I think we could use some more pink and lace and crap like that in the world. And while I'm at it, some of you guys could use some shaping up too. Suck in that gut! Shave once in awhile why don'tcha? Why don't people care what they look like anymore???
Aw man, where did all of that come from? Must have been holding that in for awhile. I better go chill.

4 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

I am not a girlie-girl, never have been, never will be (although I do shave my legs and underarms...haha).

People should be what they are most comfortable with, for some that might be pink and laces, and for others earthtones, and tevas...to each their own, right? I figure if I am happy and make those around me happy, then I must be doing something right, huh?

1:06 PM EDT  
Blogger Shooter said...

Well, obviously we don't care as much about what "we" look like anymore, being the fattest country in the world.

When did not showering become in style?

5:40 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then there is the other extreme, like the chicks who jog in their lipstick. Not that I would ever do that...AHEM.

9:46 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be alot of men who look girlie around here. I think I would rather see the manly women than that!

1:14 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home