Wednesday, March 29, 2006

CARELESS

Attempting to catch up on news from my little corner of the world since I wrote last...

Sunday was "interesting". I got up at 3 pm, craving coffee. So much so, that I forgot to lock down the lid on the Senseo and brewed a cup of yummy Vienna blend all over the countertop. After I cleaned up my mess and made another cup, I decided it was time to launder my beautiful (and yes, foofy) fluffy white throw rug that I bought for my beautiful new black and white bathroom. I'm assuming that, after the coffee incident, I was still not yet fully functional and awake, for I neglected to pay attention to how much detergent I poured into the washing machine. So when I returned to the basement to stop my clanging off-balance washer I noticed a soccer ball-sized mound of soap suds erupting from the drain in the floor. My first thought was that the grandkids would get a kick out of the sight. But the real deal was when I opened the washer lid to find the entire machine brimming with fluffy white suds. Still growing...
After ten minutes or so, I managed to fill the sink with aboot 39 armfuls of suds which took aboot six hours to disappear completely. I have no idea what I did the rest of that day. But those were definitely the highlights...
Don't remember Monday. Or Tuesday. It's Wednesday now, I think and it's too early to report anything interesting, really. Except that the stereo in my car sounded especially great on my way home from work without the accompaning usual sound of the heater. :-) Could Spring really be coming???
I was disappointed (severely) to find out that we, here in North America, were not able to witness the Total Eclipse of the Sun today. I love the sound of that. Total Eclipse of the Sun. It sounds so... so, Newsworthy and Big and Thrilling. The entire occultation (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) only took four minutes, but I really would have liked to have seen it. The idea of the Earth and Sun and Moon in alignment just seems to hold so many possibilities in this crazy imagination of mine. I feel like something amazing could happen today. Of course, I will miss it, sleeping. Maybe I'll have a really awesome dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

That's cuz yur silly Simon ;-)

9:38 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.... did you have a really awesome dream?!

5:43 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

No I did not. But I woke up and smelled fresh air, Poopy had the windows open. That was like a good dream ;-)

7:11 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home