Saturday, March 25, 2006

PERFECT

Kind of a busy day. Could explain why I'm posting at 2:30 am. I got home from work at 6:45 am and had coffee, read my dailies, chatted online a bit and sent a couple emails. In other words, spent my daily "intimate and alone" time on here. That time is just for me, when I relax and make a plan for the day.

Today my plan was sleepin' and shawpin'. I decided to shawp before sleep. The shawpin' gods were smilin' on me cause I found the PERFECT dress for the banquet tomorrow evening. I wanted something classy, not too dressy. What I found is tres chic. I usually go with black for dress-up, but this dress is the most beautiful shade of what I would call dusty mulberry. Not purple, not periwinkle, not mauve. It's form-fitting, with no sleeves, kind of cut-in at the shoulders. Round neckline in the front and a semi-plunge V in the back. A-line with a teeny flare at the bottom, about 4 inches above the knee. The under dress is a darker shade with a sheer lighter overlay. Very simple and soft but it says what I was going for. I had considered black faux suede tight flare-bottom slacks and a sheer ivory lace tank with a turtleneck, scalloped at the top and bottom but it screamed New Year's Eve Sleazy. And I didn't have the right shoes any way... But the dress, I love. And the coolest thing; I found a long, long silk scarf exactly the color of the overlay. I'll either tie it around my neck and let it drape down in the back or if it's chilly at the Club, I'll use it to keep warm. Except for dancing, of course, when I will not be cold. If I don't do the scarf at the neck, I'll probably do pearls. Finding lipstick to coordinate is going to be interesting. No, Jeff, the dress has no pockets. I'll try not to draw attention to my hands... I'm laughing imagining that Jeff or any other male is still reading at this point.

After shawping, came home and did some recreational reading and writing. Have to satisfy those creative urges once in awhile. Poopy was sleeping so I had to keep relatively quiet. Compared to the neighbor's yappy dog, I was quiet as a mouse. Poopy did not wake up happy. Maybe it was lucky that I chose that time to go to bed myself. Slept better than I have in days. Always good to have your head in a good place when you turn in. I had some wild and crazy dreams too. I remembered them when I first woke up but they're gone now.

When I got up, went grocery shawpin' with Poopy. While he was choosing cereal, I made an interesting observation. All throughout the cereal aisle, there are small displays of cheapy toys and crap. I figure it is there for parents to pacify the kiddies who are throwing fits because they've been denied their favorite 32 oz. box of sugar concentrate (cereal) by their frazzled parents. "Here, I'll buy you this plastic bag full of neon-colored dinosaurs instead. Now shut the hell up." One of the displays I noticed featured Whoopee Cushions. What kind of a kid would be satisfied with a Whoopee Cushion? I have a picture in my mind of that kid. Not exactly the Junior I would hope to birth...

Came home and ate dinner around 10pm. Started to watch "Rent". Interesting but annoying. I detest musicals usually and this is no exception. But the characters are interesting and some of the music is really cool. Most of the characters have AIDS. This ain't gonna be a happily-ever-after- movie. I'll bet money on it. I told Poopy I may have to watch this in 20-minute installments to actually get through it. So after about a half hour, I retired to here. I plan to go to sleep aboot 3:30 and then get up around 9am and start all over again.

2 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

YAY!!! I will actually get to see you tonight!!!!!!! I'm excited, and can't wait to see you, and the amazing dress!!! I MISS YOU Aunt Wink!!!


Lots of Love,

8:55 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great dress! Have fun at the banquet!

4:42 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home