Wednesday, April 05, 2006

TOMMY GETS HIS TONSILS OUT

Yeah, it's a weird title for a song. And a post, since I had my tonsils out in the third grade. Had my fill of popsicles and coloring books by the time that ordeal was over. And my dad put in a brick patio behind our house while I was in the hospital. Must have been really worried aboot me...
I'm kidding. It was a very small patio.
I'm feeling way better, just a little shaky still. And starving. Could not for the life of me get to sleep today. I finally did aboot an hour before the alarm was set to wake me up. But holey moley, did I have some interesting dreams... Woo. Hoo.
I had been waiting patiently for "Walk the Line" to come out on dvd to rent. I hate when I do that because I usually build something up in my mind and then there's a chance for let-down. Such was the case with this movie. I realize that it would be terribly hard to cast an actor to portray Johnny Cash. And I really like Joaquin Phoenix. But had a problem with the latter playing the former. Can't even really think of anyone who might work better. Mr. Phoenix played a very good character, and played it well. It just wasn't quite Mr. Cash, if you know what I mean. And it seemed to me that the important parts of his life were skimmed over. There was just a lot of pill-popping and lusting after June. It is a shame to reduce his entire life to just that. It takes a lot to bore me but I was dangerously close. Don't even ask me how I felt aboot the ending...
I also finished watching "Derailed". (The only advantage to this flu, I actually had time to be entertained.) Can't believe I'm saying this but it was better than the other movie. Not in terms of acting, of course. I didn't expect anything, as opposed to the anticipation of WTL and so was not disappointed at all. Maybe that's the secret... I'll tell you one thing, if you were thinking of cheating on your spouse, this movie will make you think twice. Or three, or ten times. And next time you're on a train and you notice some cute chick with great legs, well, you just keep reading your paper Buddy Boy.
Ok, I'm going to go muster up the where-with-all to get my butt to work. And just what exactly is one's "where-with-all"??? And how'm I gonna muster up some?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Joaquin did an excellent job with Cash's character. His body language while performing was particularly impressive. There were lots of parts left out of the movie but I thought it was an all over 'feel good' movie and I LOVED it.

10:06 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Joni- Nothing felt good to me aboot the whole movie except when he was performing at Folsom... I would have felt good if the old man had gotten knocked down a peggertoo, fer shure.

7:02 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si- I would expect no less from you ;-)

7:03 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home