Wednesday, April 05, 2006

COME FEEL ME TREMBLE

Hate to waste such a provocative-sounding title on something as trival as this, but it's all I had that fit my state today.
OMG, whatever you do, DON'T get this bloody flu bug that's making it's rounds. Wear a face mask, latex gloves, a freakin' bio-hazard suit if you have to. I had had a scratchy throat and a little cough for a few days. Then last night in the shower, out of nowhere I thought I was going to pass out. Hurried and got out of there. And in the next half hour or so I thought I might die. I won't go into the pretty details, but I've never sweat and shook like that in my life. And my stomach felt like something like an alien baby might erupt at any time. Needless to say, I reported off work and slept and sweat alternately all night long. Opted for tea and toast a little while ago and am praying that wasn't a mistake. I'm totally famished and I want to eat a five-course meal. Am still rather shaky and have a pounding headache but otherwise feel much better. Like I said, avoid this thing at all costs.
Would love to write something cheerful and funny, but the head will not permit.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better!

10:38 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord why didn't you say something this morning when we chatted? Get better!

10:52 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember ever being as sick as you just described! Get well soon. (came by way of cactus.)

12:39 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thanks Friends and Family, I'll be fine. Just don't YOU get it!!!
Love,
Linda

1:02 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon! Sooner, no get well now darn it!

1:50 PM EDT  
Blogger JoJo said...

Feel better!!!!

4:02 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the same thing that my niece had? Hope all u night-turners don't pass it on!
Get better!

7:07 PM EDT  
Blogger ... said...

I was at a babyshower last weekend that a few people didn't attend because they were ill. We were all very thankful that they didn't grace us with their presence...I don't need to get sick right now, spring is up on us and I have too much sh1t to do....

1:09 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home