Sunday, March 26, 2006

ANYWHERE'S BETTER THAN HERE

No, of course I didn't compose this at the Awards Banquet. I would have. And probly enjoyed myself more. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the people who put the thing together probly knocked themselves out. I'm sure it was a lot of work and planning. But the thing is, in the days before the event there was all this talk aboot how special this banquet would be and that came straight from the front office. It was the 25th Annual so, yes, we expected something a little more elaborate than usual. It was the least-fun banquet I've been to in 10 years. Way too much speech-making. The food was fine; I had the salmon and eggplant parmesan. The dessert was excellent (but cheapie). It was a brownie and vanilla icecream drizzled with warm caramel. I waited all night just for the music because my whole intention of attending anything like that is mainly for the dancing potential. Not only did they play too many line dances and too many slow dances, when I finally said to myself, "Ok, if the next song isn't good, I'm outta here," what did they play? A freakin' Polka. Criminy. So I made my rounds, said my goodbyes and was home by 11pm. A waste of a good purple dress, Simon.
I did, though, get to see and catch up with some great friends and their husbands and wives. That made up for the lack of dance gratification.
I almost succeeded in adding an image here. Was getting really excited. Came really close. But after trying for 40 freakin' minutes, I fold.

3 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Aunt Wink,

You looked BEAUTIFUL! But I agree----the banquet SUCKED!!! I would have probably had a much better time, had we been sat with anyone else! But they definatly talked too much!!

Oh well....what are you gonna do?

Have a good week!!!

5:27 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't get in your dance time but at least the food sounds good.

I have faith in you, you will master the art of image placment soon enough!

8:12 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:58 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home