Friday, April 07, 2006

$100 GROOM

Today is my dear Poopy Doo's Birthday Number 45. I want to wish him a wonderful Happy Birthday and plan to shower him with gifts and affection today until he screams for mercy.
What will happen in actuality, however will be this:

Me: Happy Birthday, Buddy! (accompanied by a hug, no kiss, I still have a sore throat.)
PD: Thanks, but it's just another day. *tries to look tough*
Me: When would you like to open your gifts?
PD: I don't care. *hint of a smile*
Me: Come and sit down, open them now.
PD: Ok. *shy smile*
Me: Card first.
PD: * read, read*
PD: Thanks Buddy. *smile* (hug, no kiss, sore throat)
PD: *open numerous gifts, well thought out, hastily wrapped :-(*
PD: Thanks, you shouldn't have. (hug, etc)
That's the difference between me and Poopy Doo.
Right now, I'm laughing my ass off. In between the above line and here, Poopy woke up. The scenario that took place is almost word for word as I anticipated and wrote above. I know him like the seat of my pants. Er, front of my face. Er, side of my what? My own name? Whatever, I know the man. He'll tell you he knows me as well. We'll just let him go on believing that. Shhhhhh... ;-)
All you Lurkers out there, I've been planning a De-lurking Day. Today is as good a day as any. Wish Poopy Doo a Happy Day :-) Or at least congratulate him on surviving the years with me...
(Any new readers: I use Replacement's and Paul Westerberg song titles for the titles of my posts. Had I written my own title for this post, it would have been $1,000,000 Groom at least).
Update @ 1pm:
What the heck? It's Delurking Day. Must I post a definition? It's when all you folks reading and moving on without commenting actually stop for a minute and type some words in a box. Poopy thinks only Simon and JuJu give a hoot aboot his birthday. I checked my sitemeter at 1pm. Fourteen people have been on my site and only two have left evidence. You'ns are no fun. *pouting*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Old Man!

12:25 PM EDT  
Blogger JoJo said...

Happy Birthday Unky Dunky!!!!!!!!! *hehehe* couldn't miss that opportunity

Lots of love!

Jodie

4:42 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give a hoot...

Have a wonderful birthday!

5:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bro. Hey, I even remembered a card this year. Mailing it though, that's another story. Sorry, but hope to see you tomorrow!

8:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day PD.
Sorry but I have been out all day and just now sat down to check my email and a few blogs!

12:14 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home