Tuesday, March 21, 2006

THESE DAYS (continued)

I am now going to attempt to recollect the balance of my post that was lost yesterday due to ineptitude. I will not venture to determine whose. I just know it wasn't mine this time.
I believe I was discussing people's negative reaction to the mention of the word "blog"...
...One comment made was this-"I don't want the whole world to know my business." I did not even attempt to address this. The speaker obviously is not the ego-maniacal narcissistic radical flake with delusions of grandeur and tendencies toward exhibitionism that I must surely be. I blog. Therefore I am ;-) And do.
Another comment- "I could never type my feelings on a computer." I thought she meant that she would have a hard time translating her feelings into words. Or maybe she was typing-challenged. When in actuality, as she went on to explain- she only ever wrote her feelings down in pencil so that they could be erased later. Hmmm... I don't have a degree in that field so I'm not even going to go there.
I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I guess. I want and need to leave something behind. I have journals galore, diaries from when I was 12. Someday I want my kids and their kids to want to know what I thought aboot, how I felt aboot things. Like why I spell about like that.
Before my father died, I sat down with him on many occasions and asked him to tell me everything he could remember about his childhood and family memories. I wrote everything he told me and will pass that information down to my kids. My favorite uncle died last year and left me his journals and a Toyota. (honest.) I couldn't tell you which is more appreciated. Now that my dad is gone, I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I have wondered about things that only he could tell me about.
Recently JuJu and my sister both gifted me with wonderful books to record life experiences in for sharing. I was totally flattered that both of them thought that I had things worthwhile to say about my life. I gave one to my mother a few years ago and encourage her to write in it often. It will be great to read it one day.
Ok. You have to believe me when I tell you I was way more prolific and interesting and witty yesterday morning. I think what I lost was some of my very best writing to date. That is saying something, believe me. I was so pleased when I finished that post. (insert pouty face here)
C'est la Vie.
For some reason I have started biting my fingernails. Yeah, that's weird. And a bit disturbing considering that I have a banquet to attend on Saturday night and was planning to look really good. Till now my big decision was whether to wear a skirt or slacks. Now I have to decide if I should wear gloves or something with pockets...
Have a really good day. Good Night. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been writing down my thoughts in one way or another for several years now. It's great therapy.

I would go with pockets btw.

12:47 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home