Sunday, March 19, 2006

FOOTSTEPS

Good Morning or afternoon or whatever the heck... My sleeping has been so screwed up this weekend, I don't know if it's night or day. I have to rely on the Sun and Moon to keep me straight.
Something a little weird and eerie happened to me last night. It was actually around 5 this morning. I had been on here and Poopy had fallen asleep on the couch downstairs. I decided to shower and go to bed. When I got out of the shower and was drying off, I heard Poopy come upstairs. I wondered if he was going to bed or what. I called to him but he didn't hear me. I then heard the keyboard tray-thing being pulled out and some clicking and thought that Poop was checking eBay or playing Solitaire. I finished my "routine" in the bathroom which consists of a lot of moisturizing and crap like that. The light in the computer room was not on so I decided that he must have gone to bed and I just didn't hear him. But the bedroom door was open, unusual for him. He was not in bed. I wondered how he could have gone back downstairs without my having heard him.
So then I went down stairs. Poopy had just woken up and was sitting up on the couch. He had not been upstairs at all. There is no one else living in our house. That I know of...
Something else strange happened a couple hours ago but it's funny.
At Poopy's request I have started playing the radio in the guestroom where I have been sleeping so that we don't disturb each other's sleep. He thinks that it will buffer any noise he might make when I'm sleeping. I have it at a barely audible level. I can ignore it or if I listen carefully, I can make out lyrics.
Anyway, when I went to bed around 5am I set my alarm for noon. Around 10am I found myself banging on my alarm to shut it off. You know that delerial state you're in when you're just waking? Keep that in mind... I'm drifting in and out and finally start to wonder why the alarm won't shut off. Turns out, Oye Como Va by Santana is on the radio. That dunt, dunt... dunt, dunt... dunt, dunt... beat in the song is the same as the sound my alarm clock makes and I was trying to turn it off. Ha! So then I tossed and turned for the next two hours because I can't quite get it through my thick head that if I drink more than one glass of wine (Thanks JuJu) that my hot flashes increase dramatically during sleep...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad the wine is not going to waste! Thanks for freaking me out with the phantom person thing. You need to get off of this night shift!!

8:47 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home