Monday, March 20, 2006

THESE DAYS

I am finding that working nights has necessitated paring down certain aspects of my life that I'm not terribly comfortable with. Seems that I only have time for working and sleeping and eating and a few other necessary tasks. I imagine that once I become accustomed to this new schedule I will find ways to fit in more in my day but as of now, it is rather frustrating. One thing that has been affected is my time here. I find that I'm dashing off posts that are just last-minute jabber or perfunctory entries so that I can say "I posted today." I think I posted aboot this a month or so ago and I remember Simon commenting that quality always wins out over quantity. I didn't listen to him did I? I just sincerely wish I had more time to devote to my writing here. JeffA did a neat post recently aboot a drugstore as he remembered it from his childhood. That is the kind of post that I would enjoy writing. I have tons of childhood memories and experiences that I'd like to chronicle. Whether or not you, Reader, would enjoy reading that sort of thing, means something to me but I'm sure if I put it up for your discretion, you would all say "It's your Blog Linda, write what you want to write. " (Because you're all so caring and wonderfully supportive friends). But I guess that is a non-issue because right now I barely have time to write what I don't even want to write aboot.
Speaking of Blogging. First let me give you a rough idea of the mentality (for lack of a better word) of the people in the area where I live. It is not a terribly advanced part of the country. There are probably as many tractors per square mile as there are computers. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. A bit... Anyway, I'm amused that if I mention a Blog or Blogging, I either have to define what it means or witness an aghast look and deal with the feeling as if I had just admitted to having a highly-communicable STD. (And then of course having to explain what an STD is.) Why is it that Blogging has such negative connotations? One comment m
I'm sorry, this post was way long but I got booted offline or something and this is all the more of my post that I could recover. I thought I lost the whole thing and I was thoroughly pissed. Now I am just moderately pissed. I need to go to sleep badly or I would finish this now. Dammit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like reading memories posts too so by all means as soon as you have the time, fill us in! :-)

12:31 PM EST  
Blogger Mat Brewster said...

I totally know what you mean. All through the day I think of cool blog posts, but then when I get home I'm too exhausted to sit down and write it.

9:22 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home