Wednesday, March 15, 2006

LEARN HOW TO FALL

I get very introspective when a birthday happens. I was thinking this morning aboot things I've learned over the years and in particular, this past year. It has truly been an eye-opening trip from 49 to 50. Some lessons came aboot slowly (due to density on my part); some were simple "lightbulb moments," while others sneaked/snuck (?) up on me and kicked me in the ass. There are still others that are lurking around in the background waiting for me to take notice. I will share some of the biggies with you from this paralaxical period in my life. Don't bother looking that up, I think I made it up.
Linda's Long List of Lessons Learned Lately
(Wait, I lost it, let me look and see if I can locate it, lest it be lost...)
Oh, Looky! I located my Lost List. Let's look at the list.
  • Other people always have their own crosses to bear, so be nice.
  • Always carry a spare key.
  • A $45 haircut is not necessarily better than a $15 haircut.
  • Don't sneeze if you have to pee.
  • The heart's capacity for love is boundless, and there are more kinds of love than you can shake a stick at.
  • Love transcends distance, time, age, sex, social class, race, illness, most everything.
  • Everything has a good and a bad side.
  • Winks are happy things.
  • If you can still laugh, you're ok.
  • You are only as old as the age you are in your heart.
  • Children are the world's most precious gifts.
  • It only takes 2.4 weeks to become totally, irreversibly addicted to the caffeine in 5+ cups of coffee per day.
  • You NEVER get used to hot flashes.
  • If your heart speaks louder than your head, turn up the volume in your head and then go with your heart.
  • A life without music is empty indeed.
  • Sometimes it's too late to change your mind.
  • Dancing is excellent exercise.
  • Sleeping alone, while often more comfortable, is still sleeping alone.
  • Good friends are as necessary as they are priceless.
  • A harsh word spoken cannot be erased.
  • It's f---ing hard to quit smoking.
  • If a dress looks too short in the store, it's not going to look any longer when you get it home.
  • Very few promises are truly keepable.
  • Only Mensa Members should own iPods.
  • Blogging with Bullets is "coo".

Those are the few that came to mind but I'm learning all the time. Too bad I'll forget it all when I enter the second and third stages of "Some-heimers."

My good friend Mike wrote some nice words in honor of my birthday. He took the time, maybe we should run over and say "Hey."

"Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it." - Confucius

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh hahaha, mensa members, Ipods, hehehe. Come to think of it, I still have an 8track tape player around here somewhere. I never could get that thing to work right!

1:25 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress was not too short...if you were like 3 feet tall ;)

8:44 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home