Saturday, February 18, 2006

TAKE OUT SOME INSURANCE

As I was walking through the "Television Viewing Area" night before last, I heard a character wonder aloud to another character, "If tomorrow were your last day on Earth, what would you do?" Or something to that effect... Don't know the show, seemed to be taking place in a hospital.
Got me thinking and I thought that the concept might make for an interesting post. Seems crucial today, as I've had nearly no visitors for days now. No, no, no, I'm not complaining mind you. Could be my imagination but everything was going swimmingly (as far as comments go) and to my satisfaction until I posted a bitchy post about Miss Chipper and the SUV. Got a few comments on that post and then everyone just ran away. Maybe it was the references to my love life that did it. Regardless, I figured I better find something half-way intriguing to spark some renewed interest in One Wink.

If tomorrow were my last day on Earth, I would be spending today as follows:

  1. Go to bank. Withdraw all funds. Cash in everything cashable.
  2. Procure someone to call every person in the world that I love and care aboot and invite them to the biggest blow-out extravaganza/party ever and make all the arrangements for said party to take place.
  3. (Pretend here that I have more financial resources than I do...) Book U2 for the entertainment.
  4. Have someone make hotel/motel arrangements and flight reservations for out-of-towners.
  5. Arrange for a spectacular fireworks display.
  6. Take something for the overwhelming anxiety that's setting in quickly.
  7. Read Moby Dick, learn French, have my teeth straightened, jump out of an airplane, go to Paris, learn how to put photos on here, fill up my iPod and find someone to take care of Poopy after I'm gone.
  8. Decide what to wear for the party and do my nails. (Not.)

Then what would I do tomorrow? Spend every second with everyone who has ever touched my heart and tell them what they have meant to me, hopefully in a way that will etch a part of me in their collective hearts so that I might live on through the love that each of us has shared. There are to be no tears, dammit. Just hearty partyin'. Then I will dance myself to death, happy in the thought that everyone I love and care about knows and will remember it.

What would be your plan? Even if you don't share here, which I hope you might, think aboot it and maybe do one thing (meaningful) today or tomorrow that you might not have otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home