Thursday, February 16, 2006

BABY LEARNS TO CRAWL

Isn't it amazing that Paul Westerberg wrote almost every one of his songs and titled them in a way that enabled me to have blogpost titles for just aboot every occasion??? What a guy.

This part of my post could fall under the STHTTMML because I laughed my still ever-spreading ass off. JuJu reported that Little Miss BabyJuJu is crawling now. Albeit not in the traditional sense. I've heard of babies crawling in strange new ways, in fact at first I thought BabyJuJu's initial preferred mode of transit was going to be flat on her back, scooting with her heels. Now it seems, the little dear is using her forearms, elbows out in front to drag herself across the floor, and at an acceptable rate of speed! I have not yet seen this in real life but, Goodness gracious, this will be amusing. Might have to start looking for infant elbow pads to cut down on the risk of brush burns to the ol' elbows. JuJu said if she were dressed in cammo, she'd look like a soldier doing that thing they do to get under the barbed wire fence. Baby JuJu will get up on her hands and knees occasionally, only to drop back down to her belly in order to attain speed... JuJu claims she is too fat to crawl regular. I resent that. ;-)
Conversation with Little JuJu, falling under same category. Congratulations are in order, as this particular little kindergartener (sp?) has been invited to be a member in good standing of the Principal's Club. (JuJu may post of this with more accuracy. ) Contrary to how it might sound, this is indeed, an honor and acknowledgement for good behavior and strength of character.
After having congratulated him repeatedly on the merits of his good fortune, we had this conversation:
Little JuJu: "Did you know I have a Light Saber? I'm wearing my Batman costume with it."
Nana (me): " I didn't think Batman could handle a Light Saber, I would think maybe a cupcake would be more his speed." (Meaning that, imo, Batman could never even dream of hanging out with the likes of the Jedi Masters.)
LJ: "Nana, did you say that to me because Batman can smash the cupcakes in the faces of the bad guys?
Yeah, Little Buddy, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home