Wednesday, February 15, 2006

HOW CAN YOU LIKE HIM (HER?)

Ok, a bit of a stretch from yesterday's post. I was just thinkin' how people can get on your nerves. Or worse, your last one. There's a lady (loose use of that word) at work who hasn't been there more than a few months. She is one of those who just totally rub you the wrong way from the very first time you meet them. You know the kind. It's 5:30 in the morning. You just drug your sorry ass out of a nice warm cozy bed to drive through blinding snow on roads that have not been cleared because real people are still sound asleep at home in their beds. The whole rest of the modern world will not venture out of their homes for another two hours. You run into this flake somewhere between the time clock and the coffee machine; not a safe place to stand with a ridiculous smile chirping "Good Morning to you!". Jee. Suss. After a couple weeks of this obnoxious morning routine, I looked her straight in the face and said, "Lady, you are way too chipper this time of the morning." Today she informed me, with a smile no less, "When I first started here, I thought you didn't like me. Can you believe it?" Why she thinks anything has changed is beyond me.
You know what else pisses me off? And you, I'm sure. Today this woman pulls out in front of me driving her big shiny new ten-ton SUV which probly cost more than my house. (Well...) She could see me coming for ages. I'm going, like 60. She pulls out and is going like 30. Lucky for her, right away there's a passing zone. I dusted her ass. If I had felt like wasting time, I shoulda slowed down to like 20 cause there's no passing for miles. But that would be very childish.
I'm not really as irritated as this post sounds, frankly, I'm quite fine. It thought if I told you that, Simon would gag and everybody else would yawn. Promise to be more interesting tomorrow. Any stragglers, I still need to know why you fell in love...

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That poor lady at your work just sounds like she is trying to be nice. Shame on you! ;)

Ummm... "Thanks Partmer."? Shouldn't that be, "Thanks Partner."?

Sorry, never been in love so I can't answer your question truthfully.

9:52 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

What the heck are you talkin' about, Partmer? Don't they say that in Texas? Quit picking on me. :-Þ

9:56 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who owns a big ol SUV should be required by law to take it out and get it dirty (in the mud) at least once a week. And for the love of God people, you are driving a vehicle that is built like a tank, you can go faster than 1MPH over the friggen railroad tracks.
I am so happy for you that you can afford that monstrosity and the fuel to keep it running, but if you dont get it out of my way I am going to shove a stop-stick up your a$$.

1:22 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, sounds like another gnat...

4:47 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Point taken Simon. Airy wants inna wow ah need ta be takin down a peggertoo. Giss ah cood use a lessin in tol'rence, huh? Tan- four, good buddee.
**** Gittin too big fer mah breetches, ya thank? May too. :-)

5:11 PM EST  
Blogger The Sassy Orange said...

I am so stealing that Jee Suss. That's brilliant.

10:42 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home