Friday, February 10, 2006

WAITING FOR SOMEBODY

... to tell me the secret of keeping a smile going for this long. I just had Great Day #3 in a row and am getting really nervous, waiting for, like, I don't know, the other shoe to drop??? What exactly does that expression mean and where did it come from? I'm not even sure if I'm using it correctly. I was afraid to say anything really dire, in case I would jinx myself somehow. Simon talked about bottling his zen recently, to take out and use as needed. I want to put the feelings of these few days in a vessel to keep. If I never get another day like any of these, I sure as hell want to remember what they felt like. I just have another thing to say aboot this subject before Simon actually does come and smack me. And that is this: How pitiful is my life that I get three especially happy days in a row and I have to gush on and on aboot it like a raving lunatic? I need to address this on my own. Add that to my list of weekend projects. I do have a theory aboot maybe why this has occurred. Have I mentioned that I like my new job? You don't suppose, do you, that I liked my last job less than I thought (it wasn't bad...) and that a simple thing like that can louse up everything else? I know it wasn't the NyQuil, I didn't have any last night. I didn't sleep either but that is a whole 'nother story. I've cut back on the chocolate, that should have had the opposite effect; you know, releasing the endorphins and all that. Ha! I've got it! There's this weird hormonal phenomenon that occurs when a woman is approaching 50... It's a combination of not having to worry aboot getting pregnant any longer and getting the kids out of the house when she can relax and concentrate on her own needs after years and years of concerning herself with everyone else.
Sadly enough, I hear that this is also the time that many marriages fail. A couple realizes that the sole thing they had in common was the rearing of children and they drift. Or worse. This is a time when couples really look at each other and prospect what the rest of their lives will hold. Sadly, this "looking" occurs often after each has either accumulated x-number of extra pounds/beer guts/other gravity-induced afflictions, headfuls of graying hair (if any), and assorted wrinkles, age spots and stretchmarks. Not aways a pretty sight to curl up with at the end of the day. Not to scare you youngsters or anything.... What the bloody hell? you (and I) say. Are these our just rewards after a life-long sacrifice to give our kids the things we never had? For working our asses off to pay off a mortgage? For a million other things? There has to be more, dammit! Can you say "401 K?"...
If I'm boring myself, Lord help you all. On to funner stuff.
Great song on the radio first thing this morning as I was speeding out of the driveway, late.
"I'll stop the world and melt with you..." (Scroll down, Jeff A. will have the band name and complete lyrics for us. Isn't he a dear? ) "And it's getting better all the time..." :-)
I might pop on here later, going to go do some stuff. Have a good weekend. If you get a chance, stop over and visit my poor JuJu and leave her some good stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home