Sunday, February 05, 2006

SWINGIN' PARTY

I am thinking that everyone I know, save those residing here in my own humble abode, is at this very moment attending and enjoying a Swingin' Stupidbowl Party. Oops, another typo. Dammit. Speaking of blogging ailments (of which I've become all too familiar in my short blogging career) AL, a kind Reader, has been courteous enough to inform me that Blogger was going ballistic the other night when my post appeared in bold italics against my will, so 'twas not ME after all !!! You have no idea the elation that filled my heart when she shared that little tidbit. Ugh, why did I use that word? Tidbit, what a creepy word. Let me please, change that to... um, ... uh, ... morsel? Thank you. She shared... that... little ... morsel. Not great, but better.
Thanks AL, you alone are responsible today for my renewed faith in my limited, but well-intentioned blogging, um ... ability.
So what music have y'all been listening to lately? I'm trying to decide if I want to log off here and go see what the Stones are doing on the halftime show. Maybe, nah. I'm always half afraid not to, like the year I missed Miss Jackson's fashion faux pas. You never know when some life-altering event could be captured on video and of course I would end up the only schlump in the Modern World to miss it. It's happened before, it will happen again. To this day I regret that I could not identify Janet's Jug in a line-up if my life depended on it. Could be tonight Mick's Lips could freeze like that and crack and fall off and I'll be none the wiser until I get to the water cooler at work tomorrow. Oh, wait, they're playing in a dome, huh. Still you never know. There could be some freak accident and... Oh, who gives a shit.
Music. I'm listening to Mix 4 from the OC Soundtrax. No, I don't watch the show, don't even know what it's aboot. (Didn't know I could speak Canadianese, did ya?) But I love Death Cab for Cutie and a few other bands whose music has been featured there and thought I might check what else has been on there. Excellent music, I must say. (What ever happened to Ed Grimley anyhow?) I had not heard Imogene Heap or The Reindeer Section before but I will definitely be in the future. And never was a huge Beck fan, but "Scarecrow" is an extremely awesome song. I was looking at Mix 5 in the record store yesterday, looked interesting, maybe get that later. I bought a John Hiatt I didn't have but haven't listened to it yet. Poopy Doo has a thing for Lisa Marie Presley and he was playing her today. Don't pooh-pooh Poopy Doo's music. Actually, if you've not given Lisa Marie a listen, she's not horrible. There's a song she does called "Idiot" that I actually like. Poopy also was listening to U2 today so I didn't want to hog the stereo.
While I'm training for this new job, I don't have access to my cd player at work and have been having some serious withdrawal issues at work. Worse yet, on Thursday and Friday, on breaks in the cafeteria they were cranking stupid Steeler songs on the sound system. You might think I would think that it was better than no music at all, all day. But no. I didn't.
STHTTMMS: We didn't, not yet anyway, get all the snow the weatherman was predicting.
GSL: Sorry, all outta words tonight...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed Janet's jug too. I wonder if we're the only 2 schlumps in all the land.

As for my music lately... I watch VH1 every morning while getting ready for work- my favorite song they're playing: "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. I also like "Over My Head" by The Fray, a band I've never heard of before.

Ok, I really am going to go have lunch now... :)

2:35 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you do the "tidbit" remark for my benefit? :Þ

They actually had the Superbowl on a 5 second time delay incase anything happened. They are trying to make sure another Janet fiasco never happens again. Sucks to be us...

I like Imogen Heap. I think I started listening to her because of the song "Let Go" which was played at the end of the movie "Garden State". That was from her original two group band called "Frou Frou". Both her and the other half, Guy Sigsworth, have moved on to other projects and it doesn't appear like they will collaborate again.

http://www.froufrou.net/

http://www.imogenheap.co.uk/

9:56 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home