Tuesday, January 31, 2006

LOOKIN' OUT FOREVER

Long busy day. Up at 5:45 (I'm off overtime for now. Yay!!!) At work we've started closing my department and things are getting a little nuts. I was just getting extremely comfortable there. Anyway, there are new people being hired and a lot of changes taking place. Different people are experiencing these changes in different ways and reacting to them accordingly. Some of those people are on my list of people who:

  1. May want to rethink walking in front of, behind or anywhere near my car when I am in it.
  2. Would just be better off to go ahead and off themselves to save me the trouble.
  3. Should consider starting a prescription of Valium or something similar.
  4. Should stay away from the caffeine.
  5. Should just shut the eff-up.

I'm sorry if I sound cruel, I know I did yesterday when I spoke of ignoring people who approached my desk and I apologize for that. Tomorrow maybe I will apologize for this list. But there are just some people in the world who need to do some serious relaxing. I've never actually witnessed "a chicken running around with it's head cut off" but I can visualize it fairly easily. Enough of that.

I had the ultrasound done today. If I haven't said, my eye doctor, on accounta I have this huge optic nerve, which is unusual and predisposes me to developing glaucoma, wanted me to have an ultrasound done on my carotid arteries to make sure there are no blockages or interferences with the blood/oxygen flow to my eyes. If the results show no problems, the doctor will most likely decide that I am not a prime candidate, since I have no family history of glaucoma and the pressure in my eyes is normal (actually on the good side) and thus, do not need to be put on medication at this time. He will most likely tell me to keep having the Field of Vison testing done every six months or so and the OCT test done yearly and keep an eye (HA!) on the pressure in my eyes. The tech, Lindy, (isn't that a darling name?) who did the test said that my arteries looked pretty good. She said for my age and the fact that I was a smoker, they looked very good. She said normally she can tell right away by looking at the picture whether the patient is smoker or not and she said mine was not obvious. So, I should not be having any strokes or blackouts any time soon. Good. I can get on with it. I will have to wait to hear from the doctor, of course, before I decide to do any parachuting. Or deep-sea diving.

Hey kids, time for a vote. Being that I'm not getting any younger and things sometimes take me a bit longer to accomplish, I'm thinking of maybe posting every other day and reading all my favorite blogs on the opposite days to save time. Unless of course you won't mind shorter posts or maybe posts without added song lyrics, things that make me smile, and relevent quotes. I'd hate to do without those though, cause they're fun for me. I don't know, what should I do? I suppose I could just go on like this but I would need to plant a cardboard cut-out of myself somewhere in Poopy-Doo's line of vision. (He thinks I moved out weeks ago.) Give me your thoughts. And Chris, you could give me the Evelyn Wood version of your Time Management Skills. I don't know how you do it, man.

STHTTMMS: An email I received.

GSL: "You say the deck is oh so stacked. Is that all just in your mind? It can sometimes be turned back. Maybe sometimes, if you try." from Bigger Man by Tom Cochrane (from Mad Mad World, 1991. In my top 50 favorite, can't-live-without cds.)

I am very sad to hear that Coretta Scott King, widow of Martin Luther King Jr. died today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say update when you can and don't stress, it's just a blog and life will go on!!

8:36 PM EST  
Blogger JoJo said...

Maybe if your finding the things that made you smile, song lyric and quote time consuming to decide, maybe only do 1 of the 3 on a daily basis.....

Just an idea, I like em to, I check to see if its a song or quote I know :)

Whatever you decide will be fine with me, :) and LOL @ 'Poopy-Doo'

8:38 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home