Thursday, February 02, 2006

GOOD DAY

Can you believe that I am beginning my fourth month of Blogging and am just now using this title? Sad commentary on my life, eh? In actuality it has only been two full months and two partial weeks but still. Geeze. Really, now that I think of it today wasn't the best day I've had in almost six weeks, not by far. For awhile there (before I gave up smoking) I was having some downright glorious days. And a few since. You know, now that I think of it, almost all of my days are good days. I know, I whine and bitch here a lot, but that's not really me. Poopy Doo can tell you, I'm neither a whiner nor a bitcher. I just wanted you all to think I was a hard-ass. I'm not. I bet I do a good job, though of playing the whiny, bitchy blogger. No need to comment, there are no bold letters here.
Most of today was a very good day. I started my new job and I liked it. I didn't expect to but I did. That makes me happy. And probly a lot easier to live with...
I had to laugh over how many comments I got on my post about NyQuil. I guess drugs are what reels in the masses, no? Tomorrow we will discuss preparation H and Botox.
Speaking of cosmetics, Miss America, I must now go to work everyday sans make-up (requirement for new workplace which is in a controlled environment). Which seemed like a big deal before I actually did it but was surprisingly easier than I thought. Notice I did not say easy, just eas-ier. In a way it was kind of "freeing"; never had to check for raccoons (mascara smudges under eyes) all day. Could actually rub my eyes if I needed to (outside the work area of course). There were no lipstick rings on my water bottle and no stains on my lover's collar. AAAH! Did I actually write that???!!! Now if I can just walk past a mirror without flinching, I'll be fine. I figure another coupla' weeks will take care of that.
I found out today that a dear, dear friend had a close family member pass away. If he's reading, I would like to offer my most sincere sympathy and prayers.
STHTTMMS: Simon's post @ Simian Farmer
GSL: "Teach me to die, a butterfly soft and slow, deep in the meadow. Peace to my soul. I'm good to go, I'm prepared, Lord, to travel." from New Life by Paul Westerberg.
RQ: "We die as often as we lose a friend." - Publilius Syrus.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved that you are liking the job! Hurrah! Will call you tomorrow evening...xo

9:44 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's always reading. Great to hear that you're enjoying the new gig. Thank you for your kind words.

Tuke

9:59 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si- where is your mind, boy???

JuJu- Me too! Well talk tomorrow. Love you!

Tuke- When's your next gig so I can send good thoughts? Don't stray too far away, hear?

10:21 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:23 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home