Saturday, February 04, 2006

SUNRISE ALWAYS LISTENS
Good Morning :-) Woke up feeling surprisingly refreshed after being on here way too late last night and then falling asleep soundly with my good friend NQ. (I think the sun was actually starting to come up when I got in bed.) It's absolutely beautiful outside. The thermometer said 41 degrees but it feels warmer than that and there's a nice breeze blowing. I brewed myself a nice cup of Senseo and topped it off with some yummy Vanilla Nut creamer and came here to see who's up and running. Looks like it's just li'l ol' me. Stinky, I mean Poopy, is still asleep too. I think maybe when I'm done here I'll make a run to Bloomingdale's (my affectionate name for the Thrift Store across the way) and check to see if anyone has donated any good music lately. Did ya know that's a great place to find music? That's how I got turned on to Guster and Jann Arden and a bunch of others. Sometimes a really cool looking cd cover really does mean good music inside. Of course I find a lot of weird stuff to, but hey, it's way cheap.

Speaking of Poopy, he must not have been reading lately, he hasn't mentioned his new nickname to me. He's going to be surprised that the Webernet thinks I'm married to a (fabricated) cartoon character. God bless him though, he's been on here everyday while I'm at work, busting his butt with tech support and Applecore trying to get my pod working. Since he bought it on abcdBay, even though it was new and in the package, it was originally purchased a couple of months before and the original warranty had just run out recently. He purchased an extended warranty and if what he's trying now doesn't work, he can return it for a new one. I feel bad, yesterday he used up all his cell minutes talking to a support dude. He must like me. Although, he's uber stubborn, it could be a case of either...

I'm going to live dangerously here and click on the bold setting, as I'm going to ask a question. Wish me luck. What are your plans for the weekend? *whew* Now that wasn't so bad, why wouldn't it work last night? I hate that a machine is smarter than me. Or makes me feel that way, anyhow.
Dana N., I am going to do your dream for you before the weekend is over, I promise. Other than that, I am going to undecorate and take down the Christmas tree. Probly tomorrow. I am invited to a birthday party tonight but the way I've been feeling I don't know if I want to be in close quarters with a bunch of people. Germy, you know. I may go or I may stay home and watch SNL. Today I'm going to the bookstore, the book I ordered has been in for over a week. Take a wild guess what I ordered. I'll tell you later. I had asked the clerk last time I was in, was there such a book as ________ for Dummies? She said she'd not seen it if there, indeed, was. She looked in the computer and laughed and said, "Actually there is one that has just been published and isn't available in our stores yet. But if you'd like, I can pre-order one for you and give you a call when we get it." I said that would make me very happy. It's actually a book that will, hopefully, benefit both you and me. I'm giving too many hints. No, it's not "Making Millions Online for Dummies". And it's not "Spellchecker for Dummies," all you smart asses. If I can find the time to read it, I will be happy. I still haven't really gotten to check out the face-reading book I got weeks ago. And I'm trying to get to an article a friend lent me from Musician magazine from 1987 about Jaco Pastorius, the bass player from Weather Report whom I've recently become interested in via another friend. Can't quite believe he's entrusted me with a magazine from his precious archives. But I need to read that and return it so I can relax.
I also need to transfer all the important dates from my 2005 calendar to my 2006 calendars. If you think maybe I don't know when your birthday and/or anniversary is/are, please tell me so I can remember you. I am a fanatic about cards, but if I don't have your address, I can at least wish you a happy day on here. Last year once I figured out how much I spent on greeting cards (with postage included) and it was sinful. Especially since I love making my own cards but just can't seem to find the time to spend making them these days. (If you happen to own one of these, hold on to it. It will be a rare relic and worth millions after I die.)
Going to go start my day, nice talking to ya. ;-)
STHTTMMS: The sun was shining in my window when I woke up.
GSL: "Smile an everlasting smile, a smile can bring you near to me. Don't ever let me find you gone, cause that would bring a tear to me... It's only words and words are all I have, to take your heart away." from Words by the ever-very-vibrato Bee Gees. (Say that fast.)
RQ: "The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude toward them." - Antoine De Saint-Exup'ery

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaco said...

"You think that I don't even mean a single word I say." Had to put that in. Not that I think you missed it. But because I think you missed it on purpose.

Hope that you go to your BD party. Be good to get out of the house for a while. I'm feeling germy to. But my wife bought tickets for a dance troupe that I bought tickets fo that we missed 2 years ago as a result of some stupid shit going down with her ex that we had to rescue the kids from. Have fun...

1:18 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you should go to the birthday party like Ruby said. Always good to get out of the house on occasion.

My plans for the weekend include cleaning out my apartment, seeing a movie this evening, catching up on some tv shows and... That's about it. The cleaning of the apartment will take a while. ;)

1:42 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I haven't commented in a while, I've decided to share my weekend plans even though they lack excitement and noteworthiness. (Is that even a word..?!) I don't consider Saturday part of my weekend since I work Saturdays so that takes care of today. Tomorrow I will be doing laundry and, of course, supporting the home team by watching the Super Bowl. And Monday (I'm off on Mondays so they are considered weekend) I plan to finish the book I've been reading. Oh, and spending quality time with the cat..lol

5:26 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home