Thursday, January 26, 2006

BOOK MARK
(I'm introducing a new feature today. I've boldened- [see how I like to make up words?]- some things that you just might like to comment on. Keep in mind, these are only suggestions. Feel free to say WhatEver you'd like.)

You know how unnerving it is to "lose your place"... You know how upsetting it is to lose anything. I've become very conscious of late of all the things I've lost in my life. I used to keep a little placard on my desk at work that proclaimed, amid some really cool artwork all in blues and beiges, that "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." How true that was at the time. But these days, I look at that loss sometimes as more of a blessing than a curse. See, when you don't have your mind, you're not so keenly aware of all those other things you've lost. There are downsides, as well, obviously. I am presently mourning the loss of my dear friend, Cigarette and I believe that may be one reason that I am preoccupied with this topic today.
I know you will be impressed to see that I'm using bullets. Don't get excited, I have not yet figured out how to turn them off. Now for some things we lose:
  • Car keys are a common thing to lose, we all do it.
  • Self-respect is less common and a bit more serious. Let's all try to avoid that at all costs...
  • You can lose your shirt in a card game; if that's all you lose, you're doin' good.
  • Lose your point of reference? That's tough, can throw off your whole whatever you're doin'. And that can be serious.
  • Loss of life or limb? God forbid. That's why we have insurance I guess. And hope to heck you don't need it.
  • Paradise Lost? Poor you! You should have held on to it better in the first place, Fool! If you were lucky enough to find it, you oughta be grateful enough to figure out how to hold on to it.
  • "Lost in You"- a really great dance tune from my old (literally) pal Rodney. (Stewart) How does that man do it? He hasn't lost it.
  • Losin' your hair? That's ok, I think men with high foreheads are very sexy. Women on the other hand, I feel for you.
  • "Destitute and Losin"- I've heard that somewhere but I've lost where. Maybe an album title?
  • And I believe there is a TV show that I should include here but I haven't lost my mind to that extent. Am I anti-tv or what?
I am reminded just now of that quirky little gesture that I was so fond of at the time it was popular. The old "two fingers in the shape of an 'L' on the forehead..."
Well, we're losin' daylight gang. And I'm aboot to lose my patience with this rather depressing subject. What have you lost lately? I hope you find it, where/whatever it may be.

I do have a solution. I've been told that you shouldn't whine unless you have a solution. It's a good one. I'll need an engineer and a prayer to pull this off though. You know when you have a really bad problem with your computer? (Just try to imagine, I know it might be hard.) You may have to resort to that nifty little function that I believe is called System Restore. You, in essence, turn back time, to a place before the problem occurred. Or before the loss. Seems pretty simple to me. There it is, back in front of you just like it was before you lost it. All with a little click of a button on a teeny remote that you can carry in your pocket.

This solution would come in way handy when I want a cigarette. And when I look down and see that my jeans are getting tighter every day... Hope to lose the craving and a couple pounds.

But there are a gazillion other things in my life that I'd kind of like to hold on to for as long as I can. So I'll try not to lose my concentration on those.

STHTTMML: Nothing comes to mind. Gawd, I hope I haven't lost my sense of humor.

Relevant Song Lyrics, not necessarily Good: "Must of got lost, somewhere down the line." - J. Giles Band

RQ: "It's allright letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back." - Mick Jagger Hmmmm, somehow I never thought of Mick as a particularly wise man...

2 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

The most recent things I've lost are 15 pounds and about 8-10 inches of hair off the length on my head.

Less recently my brain and my sanity, no wait I found the sanity for a few moments tonight til i tried to figure out my taxes tonight... ARRGHHH!!!

Happy Thursday and Friday, yay for the weekend.

8:49 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Destitue and Losin = Grand Funk Railroad.

You're welcome. Google is your friend.

10:51 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home