Tuesday, January 24, 2006

ELECTION DAY

Only two reasons for the title of this post. First one is that I don't foresee any reason to use it in the future. The second reason is that probably 50% of my Readership is Canadian and since yesterday (not today) was their Election Day, even though I know very little aboot the Canadian political scene or their elections, I want them to feel at home here. Let's all make the Canadians feel at hoom. I'm so sorry, if it makes you feel any better, I make fun of the way Everybody talks. Can't help it. Mike and Simon know this aboot me already. As does JuJu and Joni and Dana and Tammy. Jeff, did you? Ruby? Chris? Jeez, why am I apologizing? You all know me that well. You can make fun of my accent any time you want. Go ahead. ;-)
If there had been a title that I could use called "Brain Nuggets" I would have. 'Cause it's already past my bedtime and I have no business being on here, much less trying to write a comprehensive, entertaining post. Youn's are jes' gonna have to git usedta me lettin' ya down now 'n then, tha's all 'er is tuit. Y'hear? I knew ya'd unnerstand.
Just a couple of things. I remembered a whole bunch of good dance tunes after I finished yesterday's post. Not the least of which were: Billy Idol's Dancin' With Myself, which was on the radio when I turned BOB-FM on first thing this morning. Tonight I heard two more of my favorites (favorite dance tunes are not to be confused with favorite tunes, period) which were Madonna's Like A Virgin and Centerfield by John Fogerty. Madonna tunes that I like at all are on a short, very short list. Just so you know. Don't be sending me Madonna cd's for my birthday. Or Cher cd's. Don't get me started on that list...
Since I quit smoking I've been partaking in a new meal concept, I believe it is referred to as Breakfast. (Not to be confused with my old first-meal-of-the-day which consisted of coffeeandacigarette, yum). I'm kind of playing around with the menu, to see what suits my stomach that ungodly time of day. I can certainly tell you what has not worked and why. Do not eat a banana for breakfast with a cup of coffee. The reason being, (and I hesitate to tell you this, on a kinda, I always try to be a lady) that the combination produces the absolute worst pukey burp that you can imagine. I'm sorry, but I had to warn you. You know how bad orange juice tastes on top of toothpaste? It's even worse than that.
K, I gotta run. Thanks for stoppin' by.
RQ: "We are all born mad. Some remain so." - Samuel Beckett

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaco said...

I often have bananas and coffee in the morning for fuel on my ride to work. Often it's the only thing that I can get down the hatch. I have always hated putting food in my stomach in the morning. It seems unnachral. Bye... buuuuurp. Oh, excuse me...

9:43 AM EST  
Blogger The Sassy Orange said...

Cher is nasty. On every level.

1:51 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home