Monday, February 20, 2006

ACHIN' TO BE

...in my bed. That is going to happen real soon here. But I want to see the looks on your collective faces when you come in to work this morning (those of you who are at work, being that it is President's Day here in the US and a work holiday for the lucky ones...) to blog read and find a post from Your's Truly that is actually freshly written. By that I mean first thing in the morning, not "fresh" from my tired, sleep-deprived brain. I am used to writing before bed at night, after I've actually had an entire day's worth of experiences to share and comment on.
My first experience working the "graveyard shit," as Joni referred to it, was not bad at all. I work in a lab-type room with no windows, so once I faked myself into believing the sun was up outside, it almost felt like a regular day. Except that there were aboot half the number of people in there making noise and that was nice... The best part was saying goodbye to the people coming in when I was on my way out. When I did get outside, the first thing I saw was a big, bright halfmoon and some really bright stars. Halfway home the sun was coming up and it was beautiful.
One thing I am going to enjoy severely is being home in the early morning. Right after the sun comes up, it shines through my stained-glass windows in my livingroom. I rarely get to enjoy that sight, being that it's dark when I leave for work on the weekdays and on the weekend my ass is still abed. (Yeah, that's aboot the size of it these days, hehe.) Poopy is still asleep so I actually have some "alone time" which is really rare and (sorry, Poop) wonderful.
Hey Ruby! Hey Mike! Welcome back! Looking forward to pictures (hint). Mike, I finally got to see your Christmas pictures. Wow, you like to take a lot of hockey shots... huh? Hope you brought us some sunshine, my friends. It has been really quiet around here, how aboot you liven things up for us?
Since my brain might not be up to its usual par this week, I'm going to rely on y'all for material. Is there anything you might want to know aboot me? Ask away. This might be fun. Outrageous is ok. Terribly personal, maybe, but at my discretion. Surely I haven't tole you EVERYTHING already... If I refuse to answer (slim chance), don't be buggin' JuJu, K?
"Fatigue is the best pillow." - Benjamin Franklin :-)
I shall now partake of some sweet dreams...
PS Yes, Dana, I'm afraid that Traversa's has closed. We had finally gotten all the old waitresses to recognize that we came there every year for our anniversary and they saved us "our table".
Yes, Joni we ate at Garda's. Sometime let's you and MarkyMark and us go dine there together. When is he back from China?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Wink,
I'm so glad to hear that you have already found some posotives to the graveyard shit! The noise level alone would be a great fact, let alone getting to enjoy a wonderful sunrise! (Without having to run to the windows in the back of the building yelling- Ohh- Look at the sky!)
C & I missed you at lunch! How was sleeping during the day? No matter, you'll adjust!

8:59 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tsk. Tsk.

"Except that there were aboot half the number of people in there making noise and that was nice..."

about*

"I leave for work on the weekdays and on the weekend my ass is still abed."

in bed.*

"(Yeah, that's aboot the size of it these days, hehe.)"

about*


Sorry, had to go there. Glad the first night went ok. If you end up liking it, is it possible to ask for a permanent change to the night shift?

10:17 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mr. Smartypants aka Thomas.
If you were OLDER you would be familiar with the term "abed". It translates to "in bed". And if you read me regularly, you would know that I routinely spell "about" as "aboot". It is a word I use to honor my cherished Canadian friends.
Thank you though, for making an exception and leaving a comment ;-Þ
I don't recall advertising for an editor... Have a nice day.

7:24 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Simon,
You're a frighteningly strong influence.
"I apologise, Canuck, I didn't realise that it was dishonourable to wear the red-coloured pajamas to lay aboot".
How'm I doing???

7:29 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

4:19 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home