Sunday, February 19, 2006

TINY PIECES

Don't have a lot of time today, will try to tie up some loose ends from last week.

Elizabethtown was a pretty decent watch. Although the last hour was the better part of the movie. Made you think aboot your life and what's important and what's not. Some really funny stuff at a funeral if you can imagine that. Good music too, think I'll maybe invest in the soundtrack. Kirsten Dunst played kind of a weird character, a bit intense and quirky for my taste. But Orlando Bloom shone. I would give it 3 1/2 stars on a generous day.

In an effort to accomodate a quickly-growing work force in a limited amount of space and to increase production to meet ever-growing sales and orders, my employer is implementing a second shift. I have volunteered to work this shift on a trial basis for the next six weeks, starting tonight. The shift is 10:15 pm to 6:15 am. Yeah, I know, I'm a lunatic. Don't rub it in. But I'm going into this with a positive attitude, considering it a much-needed change. How the sleeping thing will work out is yet to be seen. Will be interesting to say the least. Wish me luck.
These weather changes are a bit insane, don't you think, locals? Yesterday was 11 degrees. Thursday last week it was 61 degrees... Mother Nature is screwing with us, don't you know.
Yeah, things have been pretty quiet here at One Wink, not sure yet what to attribute that to. But I'm looking forward to hearing how a percentage of my Faithfuls have enjoyed their time away sunning and funning. Kinda feel bad for them coming back to this, but it will be good to have them back around.
Was a bit irritated last night to find that, for the second week in a row, the Olympics bumped SNL off the late-night viewing schedule. Ok, maybe more than a bit irritated. Sports and competition are great if you're a Sport and competition fan... Now I would watch BMX and surfing and skateboarding, stuff like that. But in the name of uniting all the nations of the world in a common event with a common purpose, I can respect that. I think though that there should be Music Olympics.
You all enjoy your beds tonight, think of me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good luck with that 'graveyard' shit. I mean shift. That would be way too nasty for me to volunteer for.

6:47 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your shift! I hope all works well and you get to work near someone "fun!" LOL! (Sorry!) I hope you get the sleep thingy down quickly so you are the same person 6 weeks from now! I'll miss you!

9:15 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new shift. You never know, you might just like working vampires hours!

12:16 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Simon,
Uh, thank you so much for pointing out how much room there is for misinterpretation using a medium such as this...
I guess I probably shouldn't say then, I'm going to to go enjoy my bed now and think of you. Ok, I won't say it.

7:35 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home