Monday, January 09, 2006

HERE COMES A REGULAR

Excellent song by the way...

I understand that in the Blogosphere we seem to be celebrating the Second Annual DeLurking Week. I wrote DeLurking like that,( not so much out of ignorance, this being my first celebration of DeLurking week and all,) but because I think my way looks classy. Class is what it's all about, after all.
So I guess the rule is that you can't read my post today unless you comment, no matter who you are. Got that, Cher? (Just checking, did you know Cher reads Rude Cactus???). If you are a regular, I will expect no less than your usual witty, intelligent, heart-felt comments. If you are a first-time speaking mime, be sure to surprise me. If no one speaks up at all, I will cry. And like I haven't been doing enough of that lately...
Tell me what you like and don't about my site. Tell me your "quit smoking" stories. Tell me lies, tell me to take a hike. Just don't tell me how many freakin' songs you have on your iPod, I don't wanna hear it.
I will tell you this- I am SO impressed, yet again, that Paul Westerberg even had a song title for this post today. That dude totally rawks.
STHTTMML: Did I tell you my dream over the weekend was interrupted by a little blue box that popped up in the lower right-hand corner alerting me that a contact had just signed in? Swear to God. I woke up immediately. And laughed.
GSL: "I propose a toast to my self-control. See it crawling, helpless on the floor." from Cure for Pain by Morphine.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I have to think of something witty to put in this box. That might take awhile, heck it may take a day or two. I may have to get back to you on that as a matter of fact. I have to go get the girls up for school.

Oh lets face it, I am about as witty as dry toast!

5:36 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know an ex-smoker who's classy,
With a great heaping dollop of sassy.
Now she's prayin' to God
That her f--king iPod
Would start playing her fave Shirley Bassey.

Happy DeLurking Week, Linda.

9:22 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, who did you delete? I love a scandel. I'm here...and I like everything about your site...aren't you glad you finally started one?

10:48 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck at commenting, but here's something for you to strive for: I'm nearly 8 months as a non-smoker. Except for the occasional bummed one.

11:58 AM EST  
Blogger Jaco said...

You are doing so well with the smokes... With the "pop-up" though, I don't know what to tell you. Are you
expecting to be "contacted?" As in the ET phone home type.

Keep up the good work, be a good girl and you may just contacted. But will you be ready?

2:16 PM EST  
Blogger JC Roth said...

It doesn't matter who I am, it matters who you are.

8:48 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home