Thursday, October 19, 2006

RANDOMIFICATION

PD has had a terrible cough for almost a month. Two nights ago he (who never complains) complained that his ribs hurt from coughing so much. This isn't terribly newsworthy and certainly not suspicious in any way; unless, of course, you read JuJuBee's post today. PD's cough started within hours of the JuJu's last visit. I successfully fended off the damnable thing (cough) until this past Monday. Nothing but a cough. Yesterday I started getting hoarse and am losing my voice. Today at lunch time I noticed my stomach muscles were sore from coughing. By one o'clock, my ribs on my right side were tender. By two o'clock, I was doubling over from the pain each time I would cough. It's now almost 8pm. Since I got home from work I have been near tears a few times, took a really strong prescription pain reliever and am sitting here now with a heating pad on my side. All I can think of is WTF???

Anyway. Have you ever tried Pumpkin Mousse??? Holy crap it's good. I made Egg Drop soup with chives for dinner; it's one of those things that always makes me feel better. Ok, usually. And you know what really is not good at all? Yellow jellybeans. Bleeaacch.

We had a helluva rainstorm aboot the time I was leaving work tonight. In a matter of minutes the parking lot was covered in muddy brown water and there were huge pools of water in the low spots in the grounds around the facility. Several places I drove through on the way home the water was deep enough to spray up over the car. Now I hear there are flood warnings for our county until 11am tomorrow.

I should work on my poem (limmerick) from yesterday but am not feeling terribly creative. I think the pain pill is kicking in, this screen is beginning to look a bit convex...

I plan to write more aboot the men/women relating thing this weekend. For now, Ta Ta.

***************************************************

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get better soon. No scratch that, get better now! You can be ill after my leg is all healed I still need all that sympathy! ;-)

8:08 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SI: Imagine a lighter kind of whipped up version of the pie filling... :-)))
I'll be OK, thanks.
JEFF: Working on it Buddy. You still have my sympathy!

9:58 PM EDT  
Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, I totally would go for pumpkin mousse. Y'all git better now, ya hear?

Have a good weekend.

Think of me when I'm on vacation this coming week. (because, and I hate to say this, I will NOT be thinking of you -- well, maybe a little).

3:20 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkin mousse....mmmmm.

Pumpkin anything....mmmmm.

1:24 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

HAZEL: Have you tried the Pumpkin Butter that Country Crock makes?

2:36 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home