Thursday, October 12, 2006

I WANNA GO SOMEWHERE ELSE...

It seems that Summer is over and Fall is in danger of being
taken over by some Ol' Man whose name starts with a W.
Which we will not utter here. Same goes for that stuff that
starts with an S that is falling in Buffalo NY today. I have that on good authority from someone who lives there. But I am forever the optimist and I am looking forward to some lovely Indian Summer days here in my neck of the woods, which incidentally is/are sporting some beautiful colors these days. There is a huge maple tree across my street that is the color of a fiery reddish-orange tomato. What's cool aboot that tree is that even on a gloomy rainy day like yesterday, it lights up the whole neighborhood. But as cool as it is, I'd still rather jump in the car and head off toward someplace warm and sunny and just bask in the sun and not come back until Indian Summer hits PA. Then, when it's over, I'll be wanting to jump back in the car again and head out. I would love to be happy here with the cold weather setting in, but I jus' cawn't dew it, Captain!!!
************************************************

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Dang you, Simon. You stole my "bonus points" idea for the Scotty impersonation.

I'm the type who wants summer to go away, but then the minute the temperature dips below 70, I dread the oncoming winter. I just can't win when it comes to weather.

Maybe there are a lot of people like me living in San Francisco (because I like moderate weather, not because I'm gay. Which I'm not.)

Um, Linda, you're hot.

Whew! Almost branded myself, but escaped in the nick of time.

3:05 AM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

TC likes the cold weather then again I guess my cold weather in OK is not like where you are at.

9:34 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when Buffalo gets hit with a foot or two of snow and loses power and trees fall down in their driveways and they are all, "I can't believe this!"

YOU LIVE IN BUFFALO. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

Yes, it's early for this weather, but it's also BUFFALO.

12:36 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Simon: I'm only here to please my husband. You're mean. There, we just had our first fight. Let me know when you want to make up.
Mark: You're funny. At my expense, but nonetheless. Suck up.
TC: I'm guessing there might be a difference.
Ju: Hope those Buffalonians get their power back soon...

2:13 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

ohhhh, i long to see trees like that, to have a rainy day and even a gloomy day. it's still hot here... in the high 90s for the most part. we prob won't see any cool temps until november - late. i'm so looking forward to it.

3:27 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

So, TOONERS, am I to take from this, that if I weren't experiencing seasonal changes, I might long for them? I dunno, as much as I like the Fall, it still signifies the end of Summer and the beginning of the W-word. ;-)

12:23 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home