Tuesday, October 10, 2006

ALMOST FAMOUS

(One of my favorite movies, by the way... Click title for info, click here for trailer)

Although I'm anxious to write the post aboot how men and women relate to each other, I'm putting it on hold until the weekend so that I can give it more thought and devote more time to it. I also want to talk to a couple of people and ask them their observations on the topic. The more I think aboot it, the more interesting it is becoming to me. I didn't realize how differently I, myself, communicate with the two genders. Ok, so we'll get back to that later.

In the interim, let me ask you this, Reader. Have you experinced your (ala Andy Warhol) "Fifteen minutes of fame?" I like to think that my golden minutes are still ahead of me but I'm afraid that maybe I blew them in third grade. That was when Joey Francemore and I hosted our class program aboot Stephen Collins Foster on our town's local radio station. The class sang a dozen or so songs by Foster and Joey and I took turns announcing the song titles and a little bit of history in between songs. An article outlining the show also appeared in our local newspaper, the Progress. I have a yellowed copy of it somewhere...

********************************************************

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I hope I haven't had my 15 minutes yet. Although, when I worked in the IT department at a community college, I won the school's spelling bee, against instructors and students alike, and the mayor was delivering the words. Nah, that can't be it. No TV coverage.

1:51 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mark and Simon: The two of you are both too handsome, intelligent and witty (among all your other talents) for those two experiences to have been your individual fifteen minutes. I think you both have that fame to look forward to. What it might be for each of you is entertaining, to say the least, to ponder...

6:04 PM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i don't think i've had my 15 mins. i hope to one day have it but wonder if i ever will.

3:13 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

EVERYBODY: Seems like we all have "some little thing" like this... wonder if we've used up our entitlements? Maybe Andy was full of shit. His hair was really kind of "out there"...

AA: That sounds pretty da** impressive! Did you know what women's rights were in 3rd grade? If you say yes, I'll be even more impressed :-)

Tooners: Sure you will!

5:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won the door prize at a family reunion once.

11:19 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Hazel: You definitely have "Famous" to look foward to yet. Don't think that was it. Har har.

11:07 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home