Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A POEM ABOOT A GIRL AND A BOY...

There once was a lass quite like me
Who knew who she wanted to be.
An oblivious chick
Who cared not a lick
What was rumored (or not) to be.

"They" all said she was fast
and as dark as her past
She'd loved quite a few
(And more, likely, too)
But this new man was her last.

All the townfolk whispered when
He finally kissed her then
They all shook their heads;
Their hearts filled with dread
They thought it was his bitter end.

But this new love was true
(She was sure overdue)
Every man up till then
Was locked in the Pen
Accused of what she'd made them do.

Every man she'd seduced
Had somehow reduced
to catering whims and
kissing her "limbs"
In an effort to catch her unloosed.

She sucked them all dry
Not a tear in her eye
She broke every heart
And then she would part,
Saying, " You loved me, goodbye."

But now here's a man who
Most probably can do
what none of the others
(and none of their brothers)
Ever dreamed she wanted to do.

Just once to be loved
and not pushed or shoved
None of that lust,
Getting left in the dust
Just cuddled or kissed and hugged.

You would think they would marry
And not put off or tarry
But she's head over heels
And he's hoping time heals
And thinking it's just a bit scary

Should he really trust her
(and not try to adjust her)
For her record is bad (and how)
Her virtue was had; and now
His strength he must muster...

I dunno, I kept thinking I could resuscitate this and get it going in the direction I wanted. Needs a lot of work, maybe a project for a rainy day. At any rate, I have to post it now, it's already taken up two night's worth of my posting time allowance. Feel free to critique.

******************************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

i love poetry... reading and writing. haven't written anything in quite a while, but i tend to write when depressed, upset or such.

this poem is nice. i like the way it flows and it keeps you intrigued. i'm interested in reading more.

5:51 AM EDT  
Blogger Mark said...

No need for me to comment, since Simon beat me here and said it already.

Are the few moments following your birth shrouded in mystery, Si? Just curious, because the guy the say is my brother couldn't be more my opposite.

3:09 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Tooners: Thanks, but it needs a lot of work. I'll try to get back to it when time permits.
Simon: I'm a "maligner" ;-)
Mark: Ditto

Simark: I have 4 brothers- two which are twins- and the two of you are more alike than any two of the four of them, including the twins.

9:49 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home