Thursday, May 18, 2006

DIRTY DIESEL
Don't you hate sitting at a stoplight behind or even following a school bus? The fumes are nauseating.

If it's not obvious by now that I'm really sweatin' using up these song titles... I'm getting ready to retire the whole deal... If I could just get over the feeling of bailing out on Paul... But I feel like I'm ready for a change and getting impatient every time I sit down to post and have to spend like 5 minutes running up and down a list deciding whether to write to fit a title or find one to fit what I want to say. It's restricting and unnerving even. So from now on, if it fits, ok. If it don't, whatever...
Today is going to be "phone call day". You know those calls you need to make and keep putting off? It's even harder when you're sleeping when the rest of the world is sitting by the phone awaiting your call. When I'm awake and have time, between 6 and 9 am, there's no one at the other end. When I get up around 6 or 7 pm, same deal. So I need to stay up longer today and cross some calls off my list. Let's hope the phone gods are in my favor and I don't spend precious sleep time on hold or trying to track down the right person to talk to. I detest phone tag like I do bus fumes.
It dawned on me little while ago that I have to put a bathing suit on in exactly one month and I never did start that exercise routine I had planned. Geez-US. I am in Traaaaaah-BULL.
Not too many things in life (after 50, anyway) are more traumatic than the first bathing suit day of the season. Guess I'll just have to grin and bear it this year. Gulp. Ahh, well. Sometimes ya just gotta say "WTF". Could be worse. But how's come nobody bothered to remind me that a tan does nothing to camouflage stretch marks? But hey, that's why they invented one-piece suits. And black is "slimming". And they have those cool wrap-around cover-up things now. (Thanks JuJu for lending me yours.) So of course I got a one-piece black suit. I also have a multi-color neon print one-piece and a two-piece black number. So I think my bases, if not my thighs, are covered. If nothing else, me mum got me a gorgeous turquoise and lime green striped beach towel for my birthday (that I picked out) that I can hide in...
So Paul and Heather are Splitsky. I suppose we'll have to hear aboot this for a good month and a half now. Why is it that the media has to get their grubby little noses in everybody's business and milk it for all it's worth? A pet peeve of mine in case it's not obvious.
While I'm thinking of it, Re: Yesterday's post aboot the toker guy... Please do not let what I said serve as an indication of my approval or disapproval of the use of marijuana. Therapeutic or otherwise. Just sayin'.
The next person who says to me "We need this rain..." - I swear to God I'll not be responsible for the bodily harm I will be forced to inflict. It's been freaking raining longer than I can even remember. The rain we needed all fell like last week. Enough already. Criminy.
Here's your question for the day. And before I write it, let me say, you are allowed here, to comment on what I say up to and including the trivia question. (hint.) K? K.
Counter-culture guru Timothy Leary is the godfather of which Reality Bites star?
A) Winona Ryder
B) Ethan Hawke
C) Janeane Garofalo
D) Ben Stiller
(I love this movie and the soundtrack ain't bad. My favorite scene is when they dance to My Sharona in the convenience store.)
Blasting Zone: Arcade Fire to and from. One of my top five favorite ass-kicking bands of last year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Ethan Hawke.

So are you going to post pictures of the bathing suit?

I am having problems with titles for posts myself. I have discovered a few repeats of titles so maybe I need a new system!

8:50 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home