Monday, May 15, 2006

SILVER NAKED LADIES
Do truck drivers still put those mud flaps on their trucks?

My brain's a bit mucked up today so there's a good chance this post will be all over the place. It's been raining all night and there is a lot of water laying on the roads this am. It doesn't look like it will quit anytime soon. I'm looking forward to a good day for sleeping, listening to the rain on the roof but I hope it doesn't put us into a flood watch. You never can tell anymore...

I had the weirdest dream yesterday. First let me say that I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to dear little Madeline yesterday being that I had to get some sleep before going to work, so I stole some before the kids even left. That sucked. But I told JuJu to wake me when they were ready to go. Well, there's this thing that happens to me when I first wake up and that is that I'm totally whacked and have no clue as to what is going on around me for aboot 5 minutes. I do believe that I kissed the baby and JuJu goodbye but I can't swear to it. I worry sometimes what I might do or say in that state because I'm so out of it. Would be a good time to borrow money from me or ask a huge favor... But I decided it's a good thing because had I been totally awake, I would have been bawling like a baby watching their car pull out of the driveway.
Back to the dream. I was back at work. At the beginning of each week, we are provided with new or freshly laundered cover-up things that are like HazMat (?) suits. I am the only one on my shift who wears a size small and aboot half the time my suit ends up somewhere other than where it is supposed to be. Anyway, in the dream, I had no suit. I told my Supervisor and she said that, for that reason I would be put on probation and that my punishment was to walk the halls of the building until I was told otherwise. I protested and told her that it was not my fault that my suit wasn't delivered. She would hear none of it. So I commenced to walking the halls. The longer I walked and the farther I went, the lower the ceilings became. After a point I could barely stand up straight and had to walk with my head down to fit through. By then I was crying and telling people that it was not fair that I was being punished for someone else's mistake. Doesn't sound like I had any anxiety aboot returning to work after being away for a week, does it?
Daily feature returning today-
Blasting Zone Tunes
To: Follow Me- Uncle Kracker
Straight to Hell- The Clash
From: Talk Dirty To Me- Poison
Seduce Me Tonight- Cycle V
Question: What famous rock critic did Phillip Seymour Hoffman protray in Almost Famous? If you are a regular reader here, you have a good chance of getting this answer.
I will leave yesterday's question for a bit longer. JoJo came close but no one has answered correctly yet... (7:38 am Monday)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lester Bangs. One of my favorite movies. :)

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

7:51 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Another point for Adrienne! You're on a roll, Missy. Sorry didn't get to see you yesterday but Thanks!

8:10 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home