Thursday, May 11, 2006

HEY GOOD LOOKIN'

Now that I have your attention...

My granddaughter seems to have Intel Inside or something that acts like an Internet sensor; the minute I sit down here to write/read/whatever, she wakes up. Cool talent, wonder if we can capitalize on it somehow. But she's alseep now so I will write fast.
Last night after I posted, I got a second wind. I made myself a cup of my favorite (one of them) Sugar Plum tea in my favorite Marx Brothers mug (the one that says "All for one; one for all; all for me; three for five and six for a quarter), a Nutty Bar and a Montclair and took myself out on my back porch to enjoy the late evening. What a beautiful night it was. No moon or stars that I could see but dark and quiet, a light breeze blowing. It was sooo quiet and the scent from the lilac bushes was heavy and sweet.
My back porch, as I may have mentioned, is my solitude, my haven. A place where I can just be with me and my thoughts. In the morning, the birds and my thoughts and plans for the day are my company. At night, it's just me and whatever direction my brain seems to be moving at the end of a day. A place I love to be and need frequently. I miss it in the winter.
Madeline's awake. Gotta run.
Fill in this line from 2001's Ocean's Eleven: " _______ called. He wants your shirt back."
Good luck, I didn't remember this.

3 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mike, I think Simon was rippin' on your guess... Sorry, not even close. I don't think Pablo even has a phone ;-)

2:57 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

1:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

5:01 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home