Saturday, May 13, 2006

I WILL DARE

Now I'm tired. Madeline had a kind of rough day, off schedule and not terribly happy. The reason became apparent after the fact when I found that she had sprouted a new toothie. Must be MamaJuJu's Mother's Day gift. She will be pleased.
I must now face that this is my last vacation night. I'm feeling somewhat self-centered and sorry for myself. I promised very recently that I would not post any more "poor me" posts. So I will turn this into a "yay me" post and share some of me with you. I have been wanting forever to have a 100 Things Aboot Me list on my sidebar but have given up. I'll start a list here and quit when I get tired of myself.
Some Things Aboot Me:
  1. I am hopelessly addicted to sitting in this chair blogging.
  2. I love to read and at any given time, have at least two books going at once. Right now (and for awhile hence) I'm reading A Season in Hell by Arthur Rimbaud, Beach Music by Pat Conroy and keep The Wisdom of Menopause by Christiane Northrup, MD on my nightstand for quick reference. Have been struggling with The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield for way too long and will probably surrender it soon.
  3. I like to sneeze and have hiccups.
  4. I have phobias about boredom and routine. Avoid both at all costs. Not getting bored is way easier than avoiding monotony.
  5. I am a true Pisces except for the self-confidence thing. Lacking grossly in that area.
  6. There are certain words that I cannot say. I would tell you what they are but I don't think I can type them either.
  7. My husband spoils me. Rotten.
  8. I never asked him to. I don't think he can help it.
  9. I would spoil him as well, but he won't let me.
  10. I rarely watch the news and don't read newspapers.
  11. I was raised Catholic. Was is the operative word here.
  12. I am the eldest of six. I have one sister and four brothers. All older than me. (Ha!)
  13. My favorite color is deep teal on the greener side.
  14. I rarely get through the day without consulting a dictionary. (Due in large part to my friendship with Simon, but have pretty much always been that way.)
  15. I have never been farther west than Ohio.
  16. I plan to change that one day.
  17. I often read my horoscope a day late to see if it was accurate. Usually is.
  18. I have never seen a ghost but have no doubts that they exist.
  19. I hate to take pills or any other kind of medicine. Except NyQuil ;-)
  20. I have kept diaries and journal since I was aboot 12.
  21. I buy most of my clothes at second-hand stores.
  22. I am kind of a tight-wad. Except in a second-hand store.
  23. Maybe it would sound better to say I spend wisely.
  24. I really am not comfortable talking aboot myself. This is difficult for me.
  25. I am a better listener than a talker.
  26. I desperately want to learn French. The language.
  27. I studied Russian for 4 years in school and have learned some Japanese on my own.
  28. My favorite Bath & Body scents are Moonlight Path and Cotton Blossom.
  29. I would love to write a novel one day. I have some scenes worked out in my head and a few characters that need some work...
  30. When I was growing up I wanted to be a drummer and a racecar driver but those were not "girl" choices then.
  31. I love Leave it to Beaver re-runs and The Little Rascals.
  32. Last year I was finally able to say "beaver" out loud. :-Þ
  33. I drive too fast and play my music too loud. Shut up.
  34. I cry really easily. I don't mind. It's better than the alternative.
  35. I laugh a lot, but it takes a lot to make me laugh hard enough to cry.
  36. I hate racists and bigots and bullies and centipedes and earwigs.
  37. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.
  38. I own way too many shoes and sunglasses.
  39. I love chocolate cake with peanutbutter icing.
  40. I am often impetuous and suffer the consequences frequently.
  41. When I am doing something I really love, I often get so caught up that I completely lose track of time.
  42. I often get frustrated that I don't have the time I would like to spend on my art.
  43. I cannot sleep in flannel pajamas or nightgowns. Too movement-restrictive.
  44. My hair is naturally curly. Very much so.
  45. The scent of leather makes me, um, frisky. I'll deny it if you tell.
  46. The smell of cooking mushrooms does the same thing but that's just plain weird.
  47. I don't believe I just told that to the world. See #40 above.
  48. I can write backwards. And I can actually sign my name upside down and backwards.
  49. I can cross one eye too. People run when I do it.
  50. I believe I saw an actual UFO one night on a stretch of highway in Virginia outside Shenandoah.
  51. I can wake myself up from a bad dream and I have been able to change what is happening in a dream. It's hard to do, takes a lot of practice and doesn't always work.
  52. I hate math and numbers.
  53. I met Jesse Jackson once and shook his hand. (Before the scandal, but I would still shake his hand if I met him again.)
  54. I met George McGovern when I was campaigning for him. I shook his hand too.
  55. I have never had a speeding ticket (see #33). That will change since I brought it up.
  56. I only ever had one parking ticket. That, too will change.
  57. I love to wash sheets and hang them outside on the clothesline to dry. They smell wonderful!
  58. I love to spend hours in a bookstore. Or a music store. Or an art museum.
  59. I love to get dressed up.
  60. Sometimes I read outloud in an accent appropriate to the story. Southern novels are my favorite. Or British. Poopy has never commented. Either he never heard me or doesn't have the heart to say anything. He knows I'm not quite "centered".
  61. I do not sing in the shower. I do however, sing in my car.
  62. I do not wear hats as I seem to look rather stupid in them.
  63. I do not wear knickers, wooden shoes, gauchos, SaranWrap or shackles for the same reason.
  64. I drink coffee, tea and iced tea without sugar. Coffee must have 2 creams.
  65. I respect animals but choose not to own any pets.
  66. If I did have a pet it would be a Miniature, Lop-eared, Angora bunny. Or a Wiemeriener. Or however you spell it.

I believe I will continue this tomorrow. I'm tired of thinking aboot myself but still not crazy aboot letting go of this freedom.

JuJu and Co. should be here soon. It will be great to see them. :-)))

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE!

3 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Happy Mother's Day Aunt Wink ;)

7:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Fëanor said...

Wow... great list... and A BRAVE POST!

1:31 AM EDT  
Blogger The Sassy Orange said...

I love Moonlight Path as well,though my other favorite was Lilac until they discontinued it. I definitely believe in ghosts. I have naturally curly hair. I love chocolate and peanut butter together. I can't sleep in anything that goes below my waist - too restrictive.

3:48 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home