Sunday, May 07, 2006

FIRST STEPS
Figured I better learn to utilize my freet ime very wisely this week. Madeline is napping, I don't know for how long, but I thought posting now would be my best bet. My freet ime??? Ha.
Yesterday was an excellent day all around. Only bad thing that happened all day was when I got aboot half way home from the mall and decided my music was a little loud, I should turn it down in case my cell would ring. I glanced over on the seat beside me to reach for my phone which would be in my purse, had my purse been there on the seat beside me where I had put it. I was mildly concerned until I reached all over the floor beside my feet, thinking it had fallen off the seat. When I still couldn't find it, I thought maybe I had thrown it in the trunk when I put shopping bags in there. Irritated at myself for not paying better attention, I pulled into a gas station, parked and checked my trunk. No purse. Sonofabitch. Turned out to be on the floor behind the passenger seat, heaven knows how it got there. But anyway.
On the way to meet my friends yesterday, as I neared the bottom of the hill below my house, I saw a cyclist riding in the opposite direction. Ruby, you would not believe how much the rider looked like you. I did a double-take and it still looked like you. I almost turned back until I realized the chances of that being you were, like, zero. Zed. Zip. Not possible. Would have been an excellent day for a ride.
Kids arrived fine yesterday. We celebrated the afore-mentioned holidays, had a picnic dinner and were all in bed by aboot 10 pm. The JuJu's left around 4 am and Madeline and I got up around 7, had breakfast and playedandplayedandplayed and now she'd napping. The JuJu's called from Atlanta and will let us know when they reach Orlando. It was pouring rain in Atlanta, I hope they fly out of that. It's beautifully sunny here but cool. I want to go outside and work around the flower beds if I can today.
Madeline is pulling herself up to the coffee table and the stairs. I'm hoping with all my heart that she doesn't decide to take her first steps here while Mommy and Daddy are away. That just wouldn't be right. As much as I would love to see her take that first step, I will try to discourage her. I watched brother Julian learn to walk and it seems like just yesterday. That is such a cool thing to watch.
Trivia for Today: What actor interviewed Bill Clinton in April 2000 for an ABC Earth Day Special?
A) Ben Affleck
B) Leonardo DiCaprio
C) Warren Beatty
D) Matt Damon
Maddie's up, Bye Bye!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leonardo Dicaprio, perhaps? I know he's all Earth friendly n' stuff.

I was present for Holden's first 'Mama.' Just me. I was delighted, naturally, but I could sense the disappointment when I relayed the event to his mother. Now, I try not to listen, look or notice anything when he's around. *wink*

1:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You took a vacation to hang around a kid, what are you, nuts?

Just kidding, have fun with the wee one and by all means don't let that stop you from posting.

Are you running out of song titles yet?

8:22 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ade gets the point today :-)

11:23 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home