Wednesday, May 03, 2006

GO

Seems like every, every thing I do anymore is in a mad rush. I'll quit complaining now.
My Friend Joe, henceforth referred to as Mo', (which is short for MoJo, the nickname I gave him cause he's my MusicMan. You see, music is my drug and he is my main supplier...) from time to time will bestow upon me a stack of music he thinks I'll like. He introduced me to the Replacements a couple of years ago and I shall forever search for an appropriate way to show my appreciation. I have not seen him in quite awhile and miss our never-ending discussions aboot music and musicians. Anyway, he's hooking me up with some new tunes and I'm way excited for that. He's got a music collection that I believe would rival that of Rude Cactus if that's possible. He's also turned me on to Cake, Morphine, Stephen Malkmus, Jeff Buckley, the Cocteau Twins, Mike Doughty (sp?), Belle and Sebastian, dozens of others.
Why is it, computers are so temperamental? I ask it (nicely) to please save my passwords, remember me on this computer, stop putting my post in junkmail, save my changes in PhotoSuite, quit reading my spellchecker as a pop-up, let me post pictures, and a few other assorted simple requests. It ignores me like I'm not even here. What the hell? Aren't these tasks part of a personal computer's job description, for crying outloud? If I did my job like this, well, let's not even start on that...
Congrats to Simon for the correct answer to yesterday's question.
Go read Jeff A. today. Funny :-) Leave a comment so I can laugh tomorrow too.
Today's question: What Saturday Night Live cast member was once a member of theatre's Blue Man Group? (Don't click on that, I didn't have time to create a link.)
Blasting Zone:
To: Hot Girls in Love- Loverboy
Scarecrow- Beck (the bass on this is suh-weeeeet.)
From: The Break-Up Song- the Greg Kihn Band.
The Break-Up Song again. Unh-uh-uh, Unh-uh-uh, Unh-uh-uh-unh-uh-uh-uh-uh.
Love that song.
And I'm guessing this confounded computer will put spaces between those lines that I didn't authorize...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contrary to popular opinion, computers are actually quite intelligent. They know exactly what to do and when to do it so that it will totally pi$$ us off!

9:14 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I know! Fred Armisten. Oh yeah. I love Fred and I love SNL. And not a fan of Star Trek. Sorry.

12:25 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Think I'll give Simon and Sis each a half point. Simon was honest enough to admit he cheated and obviously Joni answered before reading Si's comment in her excitement.
Jeff, Amen. And why do I freakin' have to sign in to comment on my own blog? AArrrggghhhh!

8:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe that Simon gave the answer away in his comment. I protest.

9:09 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok then. It's official. I'm blind.

11:30 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I tole you, Joni, first the Eyesight and then the Everythingelse... And I'll tell you another thing, you gotta get up pretty damn early in the morning to get anything over on Simon. Mark maybe could do it. And yeah, I think you could give him a run for his money. But he's definitely got an edge, you know, the age thing and all...

8:54 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

5:01 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home