Sunday, April 30, 2006

BIRTHDAY GAL III

The night of the day I found out you'd be born, I sat on the steps of our tiny garage apartment and looked at the huge, star-filled sky and dreamed of what you'd be like. I pictured in my heart a little tow-headed blue-eyed girl and thought, what were the chances?

Nine months and two weeks later, after only four hours of labor, Doctor Carter handed you to me, squalling and tiny and red and said, "You got your girl, Lindy Sue." And so it began...

You were a wonderful baby; a curious, darling toddler; a spunky, determined child. You grew to be a frustratingly stubborn (but lovely) teenager, and now, the most beautiful, loving woman I ever laid eyes on.

I can't begin to tell you the joy you've given me. (To see the gray hairs, you need only to look at my head *wink*.) Of all the things I have done in my life, raising and loving you has been the most rewarding and gratifying. As you've grown from my daughter to my best friend and ally, you've taught me at least as much about life and myself as I've tried to teach you. You're my rock when I need you to be and my silly girlfriend as well.

I'm so proud to be your mom and I thank God for you every day of my life.

I Love You to the ends of the earth. Happy Birthday, Jenny Pie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, thank you!! Can't wait to celebrate in a few days...have a drink for me!

1:43 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home