Tuesday, March 14, 2006

BIRTHDAY GAL

I really didn't want to talk aboot my birthday today, but seeing as how lately my life consists of merely sleeping and working, there isn't much else happening for me to share with you. Thank you all sincerely for all your happy wishes.
As I probly mentioned, I had an excellent weekend with JuJu and Co. She took me to one of my favorite places to eat for a birthday lunch, Ruby Tuesday's. I ate (happily) until I had to unsnap my jeans... And JuJu gives great presents. I also got a great Nana card with an exquisitely decorated envelope featuring Batman, Cat Woman, the Joker, the Penguin and a character I was heretofore unfamiliar with, Mr. Freeze. Excellent artwork!.

The greatest thing aboot birthdays is that I'm reminded of how many really great friends I have and how much love there is in my life. Before 7am today I had a huge pile of cards and gifts just from friends at work. Then I came home and had email wishes galore. I don't know what I ever did to deserve so many special people caring aboot me. But it feels really good.
The other thing aboot birthdays- or more specifically, turning the Big 5-OH, is the abuse... ;-) It started aboot 2 seconds after midnight at work last night. I haven't laughed so hard in awhile. I must be really fun to make fun of because we all had a really good time.
Poopy is treating me to dinner later in the week. I didn't want to have to rush around on a work night so we'll wait for the weekend. And I'll be spending my Birthday Consolation Week at Martha's Vineyard in June. Can hardly wait for that. There will be 4 of us (just the "girls") all newly-50 (God that sounds like the other side of the coin from Girls Gone Wild, don't it???) tearing up the island for 7 whole days and nights. And we already agreed, "What happens at the Vineyard stays at the Vineyard." Mwah- ha- ha! And NO we are NOT wearing purple dresses and red hats. Get away from me!
Ok, I'm ROE now (my new anacronym for 50-somethings meaning Running On Empty) so I'm going to sleep. How depressing, sleeping a birthday away... I always ask for a sunny day for my birthday but that doesn't look like a possibility. (But I did get a spectacular full moon last night.) So it looks like a good day for sleeping anyway.
Y'all have a good day. Oh! Jeff! Giant Eagle has Black Cherry Vanilla Coke on sale this week!
"One friend in a lifetime is much; two are many; three are hardly possible." - Henry Brooks Adams.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike's right, dance like noone's watching. As if you dance any other way! Happy Birthday ;)

9:48 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sis!

10:03 AM EST  
Blogger bri said...

happy birthday!

10:08 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thank you Chris, Mike, JuJuBee, Joni and Brianna!

5:34 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...

although it is a little late, sorry!

2:46 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home