Monday, March 06, 2006

DICE BEHIND YOUR SHADES

I could never figure out this title or the meaning of the song but I needed a sunglasses reference here so I guess this will do...

Crikey, the sunrise was breath-taking this morning. It was soooo pink it was almost red. And if that wasn't enough of a treat in itself, after I turned a bend in the road and had my back to the sunrise, I looked at a house that sits way off in the distance on top of a hill. All the windows were reflecting the red sky and it was wild. Looked like the inside of the house was glowing. Didn't look like fire because it wasn't orangy. Just looked glowing. Cool.

Hope you didn't come here looking for me dishing on the Oscars, haven't watched it yet. PeeDo taped it for me and I will put watching it on my list of Things to Do later this week. Ha ha.

Picked up a magazine to read this morning while winding down from work. The cover boasted these articles inside: The 15 Guys You'll Date and Dump Before You're 30. (No need to read that.) Nine Ways to Make your Apartment Bigger. (No need to read that, I live in a monstrosity as it is.) Instant Beauty- Get Dewy Skin, Sex-kitten hair and Lips that Stay up All Night. (No need to read that, my skin tends to be oily which can pass for dewy on a good day, my lips stay up all night with the rest of my body, most times any way. I might check out the sex-kitten hair thing though, Justin Case...) Have Fun and Get Fit- Party Your Way to a Better Butt (Definitely read this!) and 5 Women Like You who are Changing the World (Like me? What? Be serious!) Probably wasted good money on this 'zine. Although, if it convinces me that I can party my way to a better butt... I hope it doesn't involve a tabletop, sequins and a lot of shaking. My balance has been a bit off lately. And I don't have time for a trip to the ER.

You know, dammit, bullets would have come in handy for that last paragraph and I've gotten really good at using them. They are nowhere to be found on my toolbar today for some reason. WTF? Now I don't remember the last time I noticed them there.

Work was a bit stressful last night. A couple people from dayshift have come to the nightshift. First let me back up and tell you what is so great aboot the nightshift. It's QUIET. Well, one of these "newbies" NEVER SHUT UP for more than 10 minutes at a time ALL NIGHT. My jaw hurts from clenching my teeth all night. And she works in the middle of the room and her voice is, well, LOUD. And it was like she was talking to anyone who would listen, no one was really talking back to her because WE ALL LIKE HOW QUIET the nightshift is. Well, WAS. Grrrrrr...

I keep forgetting to wish a Happy 45th Birthday to the Peace Corps. If I get on their good side, do you think maybe they might stop over to my place of employment and reinstate the PEACE???

"Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much." - John Wayne. (Gotta love that man.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw an absolutely awesome sunset Sat. evening on my way home from Ind.! I thought of you!
Sorry your space was invaded on evening shift! My niece Jessica starts tomorrow and shall be on evening as of Sun.
However, I did read Simon's post and totally enjoyed! Awesome birth! Reminded me of Caitlyns birth!

9:54 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when people talk just to hear themselves. I have someone like that where I work, hence the reason I need to get an Ipod.
On a separate note. Why didn't you take a picture of the sunset? I know you have a camera with you. It would be silly to be participating in the scavenger hunt and not be prepared in case you run into something on the list!

12:49 AM EST  
Blogger Mat Brewster said...

The title is a Paul Westerburg tune right?

There's a little patch of woods behind my little home that creates some really lovely sunrises when I'm up early enough to enjoy them.

7:02 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Someone finally noticed...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

9:07 PM EST  
Blogger Mat Brewster said...

That album was a mainstay in my car for months on end when it came out.

Now you're going to have it stuck in my head all night

9:50 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

You haven't watched the Oscars yet? Let me go ahead and tell you who won...




Best Director went to Kermit the Frog.

Best Actor was Fozzie Bear.

Best Actress was Ms. Piggy.

11:18 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the song is about a bisexual author from the early, mid 20th century. A southern writer in the vein of Faulkner named Carson McCullers.

1:50 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home